Cooper's Mexican Cerveza problem?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stee41

Reaction score
Hi All,
set this kit away and used 1kg DME instead of sugar and fermented under an airlock in a brew bin, it was slow to start, not very lively and never got much of a rocky head at all, temp fluctated between 20 C - 22 C over 4 days, I cant see any activity in the brew now (5th day) although when taking the SG the measuring tube had rising bubbles in it, the SG measures at .005, is this all normal and should I prime and keg the beer if so how much priming sugar do I need for this 30L batch, if I decide to bottle in 330ml bottles how much priming sugar in each bottle? :drunk:

thanks all

3/4 cup of corn sugar per 5 gallon batch

3/4 tsp. per 12 oz bottle

12 oz = 355 ml. 3/4 tsp should be pretty close for a 330 ml bottle, but it will have a little more carbonation in it. You probably wont notice unless you taste them side by side.

My only recommendation for priming is to take about 230 mL (or you can use a 240 - 250 mL measuring cup, but 230 is about the right ratio, and one cup is about 238 mL) of the dextrose, add about the twice the amount of water, and microwave it. Stir after every 2 minutes, and add water if it's boiling and you still have undissolved sugar. Let it cool a little, and add it to the carboy. Shake slightly, and bottle.

I've done this to the Mexican Cervesa mixture, and it works like a charm -- actually, I've done this to demijohns of this product, and all the bottles are carbonated.

Back