Jack Daniels Whiskey Barrel Chips

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmishAmbush

Reaction score
I found a bag of these in the store. Could you use these to brew with? What style of beer? The bag states these are 100% whiskey barrel chips.

Thanks,

Dave

while I have never used them, I've seen a lot of people here say to use them to make a bourbon cask ale or something similar, or use them to replace oak chips. Just make sure to sanitize the chips before hand. Try the search function, there's actually a few other topics on this.

Yes you can..there were two other threads discussing it this week....Txlaw, beerthirty and a couple others have used them quite successfully....just sanitize them in more jack...or steam them...

I'm going to use them on one of my beers this week, if I can still find them.

Yes you can..there were two other threads discussing it this week....Txlaw, beerthirty and a couple others have used them quite successfully....just sanitize them in more jack...or steam them...

I'm going to use them on one of my beers this week, if I can still find them.
Ok...If those guys liked it....I'm in.
Still saving mine for the pork. :D

Ok...If those guys liked it....I'm in.
Still saving mine for the pork. :D

I was a little surprised myself, BUT it came up on several threads I searched and I talked to beerthirty about it yesterday.

I HOPE it'll be okay...especially since it's the batch I WAS PLANNING TO SEND YOU SOME OF! ;)

(My modified old bog road brown ale, with the pound of rauchmalt, that I was going to rack half the batch onto the chips.)

Keep us posted on how the chips work out.
if it works out or any one else want to try it. The chips can be fond at any Bass Pro shop or online at Walmart.com.

Back