5 Borough(NYC)Bulk Grain Buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keepitcold

Reaction score
Hey guys this is a new group buy for NYC. The pick up location will most likely be in sunset industrial park. There is a 42 Bag limit for the pallet. Subscribe for updates as bag count may add up quick. I will get a quote at the end of the buy and send everyone a bill. Prices are based of 2,000> bracket and Delivery charge will be per bag. If you have any questions just post em here and I will try my best to get to everyone. All are welcome to join in on this buy.

Here is the catalog link
http://www.countrymaltgroup.com/downloads/Champlain 2013 Price Sheets - Updated 12-31-12.pdf.

Looking to split Pilsner malt, CM-SPIL two ways

Also, looking to split all of these 3 or 4 ways:
Chocolate malt, BD-CHLT
Crystal 30, GW-C30
Crystal 40, GW-C40
Crystal 60, GW-C60
Crystal 75, GW-C75
Crystal 120, GW-C120
Roasted Barley, BD-RSTB

I know it's a lot and I'm not expecting it all, but these are what I want to start building a base on. Hopefully over a few group buys.

Down to help however I can to keep this Brooklyn group buy going

Chocolate malt, BD-CHLT
Crystal 30, GW-C30
Crystal 40, GW-C40
Crystal 60, GW-C60
Crystal 75, GW-C75
Crystal 120, GW-C120
Roasted Barley, BD-RSTB

I know it's a lot and I'm not expecting it all, but these are what I want to start building a base on. Hopefully over a few group buys.

I'd like to get in on the CM-SPIL, GW-C40, GW-C120 and BD-RSTB. Currently looking over the list, and I'll post the full sacks I want shortly. :ban:

So in addition to the partial sacks I'm interested in getting in on above, I'd also like the following full sacks:

CMC Superior Pale Ale CM-PALE
CMC Rye Malt CM-RYEM
CMC Wheat Malt CM-WHET
CMC Munich Malt CM-MUNH
Thomas Fawcett Maris Otter TF-MOPA
Briess Cherrywood Smoked Malt...so this is weird, it has two different Item IDs. It's 6620 under the left side, and 6430 on the right side. It's page 3 of the PDF.

Jon_TWR said:
I'd like to get in on the CM-SPIL, GW-C40, GW-C120 and BD-RSTB. Currently looking over the list, and I'll post the full sacks I want shortly. :ban:

Put us down for a sack of SPIL for sure then, just need at least one more person for the others

Anyone want to split a sack of FB-PILS, BZ-SPLT (spelt malt), a/o fawcett optic or pearl?

Definitely in for an lb of HU-90AUGA (Aus. Galaxy).

I don't need anything right now, but I'll be keeping my eye on this. Good luck and I hope this becomes a regular thing! Of course it starts when I no longer work in Sunset Park... lol.

Sebas83 said:
Anyone want to split a sack of FB-PILS, BZ-SPLT (spelt malt), a/o fawcett optic or pearl?

Oh yeah, PM me if you want to split anything.

-Sebastian

Here's my order:
3 X BD-MOPA
1 X BD-CR55
3 X BD-PILS

Thanks for organizing this, keepitcold.

I think we should try and stick to one pallet so people can get the grain sooner then later. If we have to fill 84 bags its gonna take a while.

Hops only come in 11lb bags.
Plus if we start ordering hops its gonna mess up the shipping scale and lower the possible amount of sacks they can fit on a palate

THANK YOU KEEPITCOLD!
Grabbing an order together and ill post it after work
How many sacks are we up to already?? Is there a google docs for this buy?

Dang... Ordered hops through another buy, hoped it'd work on this one. Oh well. I'm out for the time being then.

Thanks, though, for setting it up, keepitcold! It's always appreciated.

-S

Dang... Ordered hops through another buy, hoped it'd work on this one. Oh well. I'm out for the time being then.

Thanks, though, for setting it up, keepitcold! It's always appreciated.

-S

If we cant fill up the palate im sure it will be fine and as always keepitcold has the last word so id wait to hear from him also.

Looking to split up a bag 2/3 ways of munich and carapils
Ill have the rest of my order later in the day

Also wont (42) 50pd sacks be 2100pds? pushing us into the next bracket??

If we cant fill up the palate im sure it will be fine and as always keepitcold has the last word so id wait to hear from him also.

We are in the 2000> bracket already.

Can you included me on your list for the next order? I need to start stocking up on grain. Thank you

I listed a full sack of CMC Rye Malt, CM-RYEM, but I'd be willing to split it if anybody's interested.

And the single pallet does make sense. C'mon folks, get your orders in! :ban:

If nobody else wants to split a sack of Munich, I could split mine with you. I can totally use a full sack, but if I only have half a sack, I won't feel like I have to add Munich to every recipe! ;)

Hi. This is my first time trying to get involved in a group buy. So, I am not exactly sure how it works. I am interested in sharing a sack (1/2 or 1/3) or the Briess 2 row, Maris Otter, the fb-pils and whatever hops is included in the order.

Norie

Its simple put on the wall what you would like. If you are trying to split bags others will chime in. Try and keep your bags whole but if you must split its OK. As far as hops go hold off till the pallet is full and make requests then im pretty sure they just throw it on top.

Chocolate malt, BD-CHLT
Crystal 30, GW-C30
Crystal 40, GW-C40
Crystal 60, GW-C60
Crystal 75, GW-C75
Crystal 120, GW-C120
Roasted Barley, BD-RSTB

Hi,
I would like to split the chocolate malt, BD-CHLT with you.

Its simple put on the wall what you would like. If you are trying to split bags others will chime in. Try and keep your bags whole but if you must split its OK. As far as hops go hold off till the pallet is full and make requests then im pretty sure they just throw it on top.

Thanks for the details Keepitcold.

Now that I know how it works. I want to cancel my first order and go with whole sacks of:

1 x CM-SPIL
1 x CM-PALE
2 x CM-2ROW

Split a sack of Chocolate Malt, BD-CHLT with Kroach01
Split a sack of Munich and Carapils with Johnnyhitch1

Awesome thanks again!

Anyone interested in splitting Caramel Malt 80L, BM-5378 and/or Wheat malt, BM5317? If not then next time.

Do you know when the shipment will arrive? Or when we will know how much we owe?

As soon as the pallet is full i will be sending out invoices to everyone after everyone pay ill place the order at that point we will know exactly when it will arrive

Thanks for the details Keepitcold.

Now that I know how it works. I want to cancel my first order and go with whole sacks of: GW-2ROW and BM5303

And split a sack of Chocolate Malt, BD-CHLT with Kroach01

Awesome thanks again!

I want to add a sack of CM-Pale: Superior Pale Malt to my order thanks!

We are in the 2000> bracket already.

I am interested in splitting the munich and carapils 2/3 ways with you

I am interested in splitting the munich and carapils 2/3 ways with you

ok sounds good!
still have to get my order together...

How many sacks are we up to? Keepitcold are you keeping count?
I would sugjest a google document to keep all the info together. Easy to mark whos paid and whos getting what, also easier to see whos splitting bags

Anybody else interested in getting in on the GW-C40, GW-C120 and BD-RSTB? right now we've got two people who want to split them 3-4 ways, so 1-2 more people can get in on each. :)

I'd like to add a sack of CM-PALE to my order. I have edited my earlier post to reflect this. :)

Just added a sack of cm2row to my order. I updated my previous post to reflect what I am in for. Cheers!

Jon_TWR said:
Anybody else interested in getting in on the GW-C40, GW-C120 and BD-RSTB? right now we've got two people who want to split them 3-4 ways, so 1-2 more people can get in on each. :)

I will split all those sacks with you as well.

to all of you splitting bags please give me a final order of what and who is getting what. there are too many posts about splitting bags. I am keeping count and have made a google docs. Ill be updating it later tonight. Were a little more then half way through.

Ok I'd like one sack of each of the following

BZ_HDBR (BestMalz Heidelberg) @ .69 # = 37.95

BM-5355 (Breiss Ashburne Mild) @ .77 # = 38.50

BD-MOPA (Bairds Maris Otter) @ .73 # = 40.15

Total before shipping 116.60

Thanks

Anthony Accardi

Split bags I'm invovled with:

CM-SPIL Jon_TWR and kroach01
GW-C40 Jon_TWR, kroach01 and Norie_
GW-C120 Jon_TWR, kroach01 and Norie_
BD-RSTB Jon_TWR, kroach01 and Norie_

These are all good to go, so be sure to include them on the order. Thanks again for organizing it! :)

Latest posts

Back