will perlick faucets fit on my generic 2 tap tower?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikesalvo

Reaction score
I'm sick of my taps getting sticky, and id like to invest in some perlick faucets. I've been looking at the 525 model. Are thesetje way to go? Also, will these fit right on any tower? I bought a generic 2 tap tower on eBay for like $90. Thoughts?

Nice! Gonna get a couple. Any suggestions on best price? Also, will I need to get new lines for these or at least any additional hardware to re attach my current lines? Unfortunately I am currently out of town and away from my kegerator so I can't look at how the connections are made...

I'd answer this question with a "definitely-maybe". It depends on the components used when making your tower.

My Avanti kegerator that I got from my SWMBO's father had what I *thought* were generic taps, but were not.
I had to replace the shank as well when the faucet broke... and I was awfully surprised when I tried to switch out to the perlick and it wouldn't fit.

You more than likely won't have any problems at all - but generic isn't always 100% generic.

I'd say there's a good 98% you can upgrade with no issues at all.

Great! I'll check them out. Let's say my system was compatible with the faucets, would I still need.the shanks or no? Like o mentioned earlier I'm trying to avoid sticky faucets. Is this just a faucet issue or should I buy perlick shanks to?

Great! I'll check them out. Let's say my system was compatible with the faucets, would I still need.the shanks or no? Like o mentioned earlier I'm trying to avoid sticky faucets. Is this just a faucet issue or should I buy perlick shanks to?

Nonono... the shank is what the faucet fits on / screws onto. As long as it truly is a standard/generic shank in your tap tower, you don't need to buy anything else except a new faucet.

The cheap-@$$ one that came on my original tap tower was made of brass, and snapped like a twig when it got sticky.

The 425SS has a big sliding slug of metal that has to fit inside the shank bore, and some shanks don't have a wide enough bore. The 525SS does not have anything that has to fit inside the shank bore, and will fit virtually any standard 7/8"x14 beer shank...

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back