My Own Pork Shoulder Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sAvAgE

Reaction score
I usually make this for my Wife every year for her birthday, perhaps you all can benefit from this as well.

When I do this recipe I am usually cooking for about 12 - 15 people

1 X 10 pound Pork Shoulder roast skin on and skored
1 X 375 ml bottle of Jack Daniels
375 ml of maple syrop
4 oz of rosemary
2 oz sage
4 oz Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt pepper to taste

6 full pans of Maple smoke
2 Full pans of Jack Daniels Smoke Pellots

First of all Get the pork from your butchers ;) Make sure it is fresh and NOT frozen

make marinade
jack Daniels, Maple Syrop. Salt Pepper, rosemary, sage, Mix all together
Remember use only enough to rub in to the pork make two seperate batches, one for marinading the meat, and a seperate for basting the meat dont want cross contamination

once you rub the marinade into the meat let stand in fridge for 24 - 36 hours

then after marinade is complete then start the smoker, let smoke till all 8 pans of smoke are completed ( this should take roughly 7 - 9 hours of smoke time) depending on smoker my smoker is a 15 year old electric smoker so time may vary.

then throw on the BBQ with a low indirect heat for 2 hours or so. make sure that internal temp is at 172 F baste every 15 minutes, take off BBQ and let rest for 40 minutes, conver in tin foil shiny side in,

then cut and serve.

Hope this helps people planning for a party that loves to cook

That does sound very good.

I often use a bourbon glaze on BBQ ribs or pork roast, with more southwestern flavors (ancho chile, NM chile, etc).

Man, oh man, that sounds tasty. I love a good, slow-smoked pork shoulder! I see you are another pellet user! I love 'em!

Yeah I really love them Jack Daniel's Pellets , nice flavor to them and just finishes the meat off real nice.

However Thanks Guys/Gals for liking the recipe. Hope it is useful for you all :)

:tank:

If you like the Vinegar style sauce, here's my recipe that get's rave reviews.

Ingredients.

1 pint Apple Cider Vinegar
4 Tbs. Sea Salt or Kosher Salt
2 Tbs. Turbinado Sugar (Sugar in the Raw)
1 tsp. Ground Cayenne Pepper
1 tsp. Ground Chipotle Pepper

Directions.

Take a half liter bottle of water and pour the water in a glass. Drink the water. Save the cap.

Put a funnel in the bottle and add all the dry ingredients.

Fill the rest of the bottle with Apple Cider Vinegar.

Shake until the sugar and salt dissolves.

Let the bottle sit at least overnight before using.

It works best if you transfer it to a squirt bottle before using. Shake well before squirting to get the best zing!

How I love good old smoke cooking. Like brewing, it can be an all day affair, it leaves such an incredible aroma in the air, and the rewards are well worth the effort.

Back