Quick swap/connect

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakehale

Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone has done or heard of something like this.

I have room for 3 taps in my kerator, all three taps are set up for Corny's. would it be possible to make a "quick disconnect" with a Sanke coupling off of one of the corney connections.

i get a nice 1/6 barrel from the local brewery, snap it in and run it off my current set up.?????

just wondering. I dont want a dedicated sanke connection..

thanks for any input

jake

hmm, this is actually a pretty good topic. I am kinda in the same boat as you, I would like the option of using the sanke coupler either for a store beer or the sanke keg i have sitting with sanitizer in it. I also have one pin lock keg that i don't seem to use for anything but sanitizer because I got sick of changing the QD on the end of the lines.
I set up my lines with all MFL fiittings but even then changing the QD over from ball lock to pin lock and back is a PITA.

how about a "Y" at the end of the beer line with both couplers attached already so you simply use one or the other? I haven't given this much thought until just now so not sure if it would work or not.

any thoughts?

After I posted this i found a couple of set up's. seems like a couple of the brew stores already have fitting (kits) for purchase. You simply put them on your Sankey coupler and it just a matter of connecting and disconnecting your Ball lock fittings.
Definately going to be a purchase in the coming a weeks.

jakehale said:
After I posted this i found a couple of set up's. seems like a couple of the brew stores already have fitting (kits) for purchase. You simply put them on your Sankey coupler and it just a matter of connecting and disconnecting your Ball lock fittings.
Definately going to be a purchase in the coming a weeks.

Links to those items?

No, you still need the sanke tap, it is a threaded nut you swap from the corny connection to the sanke, see this

Cheers,

I like the idea of just using the ball lock connectors. just a simple matter of clicking on and off just like you'd "normally" do. no swapping around of the fittings.

Back