Angry Orchard Apple Ginger

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

natureboy68

Reaction score
Just got a hold of a sixer from Sam's club...yum! Not too gingery, not too sweet, it's perfect! Now to figure out how to replicate...any ideas?

Wish i knew because the ginger angry orchard has a very unique ginger taste that i would love to replicate

I'll have to see if my Sams club has this available. Sounds delicious

There are basically 3 determining factors in the type of ginger flavor you end up with. 1. The age of the ginger, young ginger is milder. Mature ginger is fierier. 2. Has the ginger been cooked? Cooked ginger maintains most of its flavor, but looses the fire. 3. Is this dried ground ginger or fresh? powdered ginger loses a lot of it's flavor compounds, but it does concentrate the remaining flavors. Including the spiciness.

If I can get a hold of some, I'll add it to my "to clone" list. :)

There is a ginger cider recipe in the recipe database for this forum. I guess try it out and see what you should change or not change to preference??

"Perfect Puree" of Napa valley has a great "sweet ginger" puree. The flavor is phenomenal. It might be worth a shot as an flavor additive.

I deliver beer in southern Maine. Angry orchard is extremely popular. Im pretty sure its brewed by Sam Adams out of Boston so if you have Sam Adams available angry orchard shouldn't be too hard to get. Go to the liquor store and ask they might be able to get a small special delivery.

make a decent cider and grate some fresh ginger in it- I make mine with store-bought cheap juice- adds some raisins, black tea and lime juice for a little tartness and tannins and about an ounce of fresh grated ginger per gallon... gotta backsweeten if you are replicating the Angry Orchards idea- let it age a while- ginger is pretty hot and spicy at first but it will age and meld and mellow after several months... I have to put some deep in the fridge and forget about it for 6 months or more... and it is amazing...

Great idea! Was gonna make Grahms cider and just add ginger, then back sweeten a bit...

make a decent cider and grate some fresh ginger in it- I make mine with store-bought cheap juice- adds some raisins, black tea and lime juice for a little tartness and tannins and about an ounce of fresh grated ginger per gallon... gotta backsweeten if you are replicating the Angry Orchards idea- let it age a while- ginger is pretty hot and spicy at first but it will age and meld and mellow after several months... I have to put some deep in the fridge and forget about it for 6 months or more... and it is amazing...

Back