Stepping it up a notch!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's looking great man! All your hard work (and updates!) is much appreciated even by a guy who doesn't make it to Michigan too often! When you get a minute to relax and have the inclination I know I'd love to hear more about your setup, as I'm not familiar with either your tank guys or your brew-system fabricator. Congrats on the label too, that's very nice.

This is to be probably my last post before opening!! The brewhouse and brite tank are on their way and everything else is pretty much in place. All the legal and licensing is done, except for getting my proof of Liquor Liability to the state, so that mountain has been cleared.

I'm placing my grain/hop/yeast order tomorrow and getting all the little things ironed out over the next few days. Ok more like few months, but what the hell, this is going to be a ride.

In all this has been the most trying, tiring, frustrating, complicated thing I have ever done in my life. By far. Is it all worth it? Hell yes :rockin:

Nearly there pictures.

IMG_2050.jpg

IMG_2049.jpg

Not only was the brew station back ordered, so are the chairs! Chairs - coming to us some time next week. :drunk:

IMG_2046.jpg

IMG_2042.jpg

When all is up and going I'll get a video up of the brewery.

PROST!!!!!

The brew house is a 3bbl, so are all the tanks in the above picture. I have another 2 7bbl fermenters coming and the brite tank is a 7bbl as well. Which ever styles become the best sellers I plan on brewing those twice a day so I can knock out more for distributuion.

I'm finally headed up to Cu Harbor today. Are you going to be pouring today? Or hanging at the brewery? I'm looking forward to trying your beers.

I'll find a bottle or two of my brew to bring for ya. Also, let me know when you're in Houghton; if I'm around, you're welcome to stop by for some tap beer.

Cheers,
Erik

It was great to meet you Erik, sorry if I seemed a little spaced, its been a busy few weeks. Thanks again for the brews, I'll be sharing those with the wife tonight!

I'll for sure take you up on that offer of stopping by for a beer at your place next time I'm down your way.

Almost 2 months since we opened the doors to the public, to say I've been busy is an understatement. I really need to get some current photos of the place up on here and elsewhere. I'll give it a try come this Wednesday when I get some evening time off when I have a friend in here that tends bar.

Oh the ups and downs of opening/running a new brewery. :D

Head413 said:
It was great to meet you Erik, sorry if I seemed a little spaced, its been a busy few weeks. Thanks again for the brews, I'll be sharing those with the wife tonight!

I'll for sure take you up on that offer of stopping by for a beer at your place next time I'm down your way.

Good meeting you as well. I thought your beers were pretty good, especially your brown porter! Let me know when you're in Houghton and need a free beer.

Back