Any Brewers in Las Vegas?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talleymonster

Reaction score
I have been a member since December 2005. I think that at one point in time I wanted to find out how many Vegas brewers were on here, but for one reason or another I had a few months of being idle.

So, who here IS from Las Vegas? Are you a member of any local brewing groups? Perhaps the SNAFU? What's your favorite local brewery?

Introduce yourself, let's find out who's who in here.
:tank:

talleymonster said:
I have been a member since December 2005. I think that at one point in time I wanted to find out how many Vegas brewers were on here, but for one reason or another I had a few months of being idle.

So, who here IS from Las Vegas? Are you a member of any local brewing groups? Perhaps the SNAFU? What's your favorite local brewery?

Introduce yourself, let's find out who's who in here.
:tank:

Damn, you've been a member for a year and a half and your post count is still below 100? Hang your head in shame, young man :p

I told you I was Idle for a while man. I kinda fell out of the hobby for about a year. I just never had the time or money to get started.

But now I'm here to stay! I've invested some money in the hobby now, and I'm enjoying the hell out of it!

The big dog draft house is pretty good. Good on food and alright on beer. It's up on Rancho Drive. I visited when I help move my brother in. One cool thing is that it's a Wisconsin bar.

I'll be in Vegas next week. Gettin' hitched on Saturday the 7th. I'd be interested in what breweries I can hit while out there.

*bump* (I guess I'm bumping threads tonight)

I just joined the Vegas Brewers group that Couevas started. There are only us two as of right now. The rest of you should join up. If we can get a decent sized group together, perhaps we could meet up locally for an all out brew day, or go and check out a SNAFU meeting. They are every 2nd friday of the month at The Freakin Frog at 7:30pm.

Currently they have the following on tap:

* Delirium Tremens Belgian Ale
* Rouge's Charlie Strong Ale
* Black Butte Porter
* Lindeman's Framboise
* Chimay White
* Pabst Blue Ribbon Lager
* Newcastle Brown Ale
* Cindercone Seasonal Red Ale
* Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale
* Anchor Steam Ale
* Pyramid Snow Cap
* Sprecher Bourbon Barrel
* Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
* Old Fog Horn Barley Wine
* Leinenkugel Sunset Wheat

here is a link to their bottle selection...it's too big of a list to copy and oaste.

Where you at Matt Foley? RioRed? Others???

I used to live there. I'm still close here in St. George.

No LHBS? I know I was at one years ago somewhere just off Trop near the T&M (I think?) Small shop, Too bad.

Yeah I guess that one was before my time, but they're gone now. I swear some of us should get together and open a shop!:D

I am here... Getting ready to brew 10 gallons this weekend..

Haven't brewed in quite a while.. I do All-Grain.. custom built brewery (by me). We have a new store here in town.. checking them out today.

SNAFU is the local brew club, I was a very active member years ago.. haven't been to meeting in a while...
Great group of guys...

Las Vegas seem like the perfect place for a homebrewer. AC cranking all spring, summer and fall, ales in the house, then really nice temps in the winter for lagering in the garage. I like it.
Oh yea, was in LV last weekend. Had a few at 777 at Main Street Station. Porter was ho-hum. Pale Ale was a little better. They did not have any of their IPA which has always been great. Go there between 3 and 7 and ask for happy hour prices. They will groan because they don't advertise happy hour prices on drinks. You will drink relatively cheap for thosefew hours.
I used to like the little Chicago Brewery cigar bar at the 4 Queens but the last time I went in there they tried to hose me. Ordered a Wheat Ale for the OL and an IPA for myself. The guy said that would be 12 bucks for the 2 pints. Said the price of hops was way up so they were charging twice for the IPA. I told the clown to drink them himself and left.
AP

The guy said that would be 12 bucks for the 2 pints. Said the price of hops was way up so they were charging twice for the IPA. I told the clown to drink them himself and left.
AP

Good for you. What a tool. I'm sure his price on his keg doubled too. /not!

i don't brew in summer.. too hot.. yea.. just found out about the hops issue at the brew store...lol.. been a while I guess

Wow, you have been away for a while!

Well, we're glad to have you.
Yeah, I'm aware of the LHBS we now have (search the term "Yayyyyyy") Still haven;t managed to check it out yet.

I just went by there.. the guy really doesn't know much himself... It is a bit pricey and the grains are prebagged, so you either buy too much or by one increments... He was out of 2 row in 10 lb bags...

not his fault though.. city rules on the grain. Can't have open bags, they have to be sealed. He does seem to have a little of everything and a very nice guy.

Yeah, from what I understand he just decided to open a brew shop to as a business venture, not as part of his love of the hobby.

I don't care....at least we have a shop again.

Yeah, from what I understand he just decided to open a brew shop to as a business venture, not as part of his love of the hobby.

I don't care....at least we have a shop again.

I'm just afraid that with the higher prices and not promoting, at least yet, he won't be here long.

word

i hate norm clarke

Or as the pirates say it..
Arrrrggg...
Clark.jpg

Im just getting started at hombrewing, live on the NW part of town. Going to purchase everything i need to get started today....Heath

Back