• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1 Gallon Glass jugs - $2 each

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geneb

Reaction score
Looking to sell a bunch of 1 gallon glass jugs. I have 14 of them with screw on tops, 1 without the screw-on top. Willing to ship but buyer pays actual shipping.

IMG_3786-1.jpg

Yep. Abingdon, VA

Also: Local pickup is fine and free if you're around. I doubt there are many who live out here, though.

Darn, I drove past you last weekend on the way back from the Smokies.

Too bad I didn't know beforehand. I was doing a triple brew day and could have used the help.:p

Also, just as an FYI to everyone, when I said "lid" in the opening post, I meant the thin metal screw on caps. They are not set up for airlocks. I just wanted to make that clear.

Another FYI: My measly little 5 PM limit is being hit repeatedly. You may be better off posting in the thread if you're interested as I am having trouble keeping up with emptying my PM box without losing the PMs of those interested.

In for 2 to 19968

Around $11 to ship.

That puts me at the following numbers:

2 sold and paid for
9 - 13 on hold pending payment/acceptance of the shipping costs. (Awaiting final count from one person)

So they may all be sold. I'll keep a list of anybody else who is interested and let you know if anyone falls through. I will also note that if you most definitely do not want the one that doesn't have a lid, please let me know. As said in the OP, one doesn't have the metal lid. I'll chop $1 of the price of that one for anyone who will take it.

I may also be selling more in the future.. I had no idea they would go this fast.

Update:

2 sold and paid for
5 awaiting confirmation of the shipping charges
7 jugs available
1 jug available without a lid ($1)

I may be interested, but just to confirm, it is $11 to ship two jugs? And if it isn't any trouble, how much to ship just one, and how much for 3? (I'm asking because if it's comparable shipping for 3, I'd be interested.

Shipping to 18301:
1 jug is $7.00
2 jugs is $10.00
3 jugs is $15.00

These are all estimates. USPS wants to know the dimensions of the box as well as the weight so I won't know the exact price until they are boxed up. The estimates should be very close, though.

Since I haven't heard back from anyone else about wanting the jugs I am closing this offer.

I just finished packing up the one order that has been paid for and realized how much of a pain in the ass it is to ship glass jugs. The box needs to be much larger to accommodate tons of packing material which adds to the weight causing my shipping estimates to be grossly under estimated. For what it costs to ship these things you're all probably better off ordering from Brewmaster's Warehouse. He carries the exact same jugs and the flat 6.99 shipping will result in it being cheaper for everyone.

ETA: If anyone is in the area I am still willing to sell them for local pickup.

That's why I asked your location. I can pick em up in town for around $7-8. Shipping can ruin that pretty quickly.

Hi,I would like to know if you still have these glass jug's for sale ? If so could you let me know I would like to purchase 6 of them .
Thank you Garrett

Back