San Diego - Next CHUG Meeting 7/17/10

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And Stone Sourfest is Sunday. Anyone going to go? I'd like to, but not alone. I'll drive.

hey carnevoodoo r u still doing the classes at

http://www.homebrewsandgardens.com/home ?

just wondering cuz im going on 24th for an all grain class they are doing.

I only did the one class there. I'm sure their brew guy just picked up what I did and will try to learn it himself. I have to say though that none of the people that work there know a ton about brewing. If you want to pick up a lesson, you're welcome to come brew with me one day. I won't even take money from you.

hey quick question can you guys list ur favorite breweries here in SD that I can actually go to sit and sample beer. Ive gone to stone and it was really fun. I know stones prolly the coolest but I still want to go to others to taste at least.

thanks

hey quick question can you guys list ur favorite breweries here in SD that I can actually go to sit and sample beer. Ive gone to stone and it was really fun. I know stones prolly the coolest but I still want to go to others to taste at least.

thanks

Alesmith is a must. Ballast Point is chill...

thanks

Most have tasting bars, but not like places you can sit and drink and all that. Alesmith is (like freeze said) a must, the Ballast Point location in Scripps actually serves pints, Pizza Port in Carlsbad is one of the best breweries in the country...

Oh! Green Flash has a tasting counter too. Great beer and cheap at the brewery. I think New English has a tasting counter now.

Just checked and New English posted on FB: the tasting room is open 4-8pm Wed through Sat. Should go check that out... maybe next week.

my mom can drive us around in her van haha jk. I just got back from ballast point it was cool. tried sculpin finally...didnt get to try their sculpin with lagger yeast tho...no drinking and driving

Hey guys wanted to let you know I am opening a new home brew shop in Santee CA. We will be giving your members 10% discount. We are at 9181 Mission Gorge Rd Santee CA off of 125. We will carry everything you need. Anything you dont see please let me know and I will order it for you. We do bulk buys, special orders, everything you can think of. Plus we are 30-40% cheaper than your shop you go to now.

Please check out our sister site at http://www.beverages4lessinc.com/

Email me for more info: [email protected]

Must... update.... website..... to...... post....... 1995........

Santee isn't exactly on my way to anywhere, but I'll be sure to come check it out soon!

Ya man come check it out...let me know what you think.
Would love the feed back from you guys. We open on September 4th at 8am.
Please come check it out. Also we want to represent your club as well.

You met me man last January I believe. We went to the SD Brewing company. I had a great time with you guys. I want you to come and see what we have to offer out in Santee.

Ill prolly go. I mean just go to brew shop then pinnacle peak and get a 23 dollar porter house!

wait hows it the same adress as beverages 4 less? didnt look like there was much room there for a brew shop

We have plenty of room. I am working for Freddy at Beverages4Less. We have everything set up and it looks great. We are much cheaper than all the other shops in SD county. We are going to carry everything you need plus more. Anything you dont see please let me know. We can do bulk buys and special orders. Like I said above we will give a 10% discount to all members. Stop by on September 4th.

We are open 7 days a week and on holidays.

9181 Mission Gorge Rd, Santee CA
619-448-3773

Hope to see you all there

What is your stock like? Can you get pictures? What is your turnover like and do you have a mill? It would be good if we could get more information on it. I'm not big on the way the beer is handled in that store, but if the homebrew stuff is better, it might be cool to check out. Of couse, HBM and Home Brews and Gardens are waaaay closer. But you never know when you might need something.

I totally agree with you Derek. Guy that works there said "it is ok to refrigerate beer, warm it up, and re refrigerate, I do it all the time" It was not freddie the owner it was another guy. Common sense extreme temperature changes are not good for food. thaw ur steak before you cook it!

I totally agree with you Derek. Guy that works there said "it is ok to refrigerate beer, warm it up, and re refrigerate, I do it all the time" It was not freddie the owner it was another guy. Common sense extreme temperature changes are not good for food. thaw ur steak before you cook it!

It is more the heat in Santee and the light that hits a number of those bottles. If you let a beer get warm once and then cool it again, you're not going to kill it. However, the repeated cycle can shorten the length of beer dramatically.

Back