Anyone know of/use Bru-Mix extract?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captainjay

Reaction score
I happened across a little can of extract called "Bru-Mix Pale" that appears to have been made here in Ontario, Canada. It looks to be roughly half the size of the cans of liquid malt extract (LME) that I'm used to seeing, and roughly half the price. Surprisingly the recipe didn't call for 2x the sugar to be added.

Just bottled it yesterday, so I won't know for a couple of weeks what it turns out to be. My hydrometer broke when I started to brew it, so I don't have a good handle on the specific gravity (SG) of it. Given the size of the LME can I'm wondering if it's a light beer? It tasted nice yesterday, even while flat. I left it in the fermenter for about 4 weeks, so it has probably mellowed a bit.

Just wondering if anyone else is familiar with the brand. I can't find an official Bru-Mix website or anything on Google.

Thanks, Jay.

I happened across a little can of extract called "Bru-Mix Pale" that appears to have been made here in Ontario, Canada. It looks to be roughly half the size of the cans of liquid malt extract (LME) that I'm used to seeing, and roughly half the price. Surprisingly the recipe didn't call for 2x the sugar to be added.

Just bottled it yesterday, so I won't know for a couple of weeks what it turns out to be. My hydrometer broke when I started to brew it, so I don't have a good handle on the specific gravity (SG) of it. Given the size of the LME can I'm wondering if it's a light beer? It tasted nice yesterday, even while flat. I left it in the fermenter for about 4 weeks, so it has probably mellowed a bit.

Just wondering if anyone else is familiar with the brand. I can't find an official Bru-Mix website or anything on Google.

Thanks, Jay.

I use this stuff all the time and it makes a very, very light beer if brewed as per instructions. It is made by United Canadian Malt in Peterborough, ON. The website is http://www.unitedcanadianmalt.ca. I order the kits in bulk as well as other brewing supplies such as hops, yeast and DME.

Good, fast service.

Keith

Thanks, Jay.

so how'd it turn out??

Back