Northern Ireland

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

norn_irn

Reaction score
greetings from northern ireland just new to this hobby, got a wine and mexican lagar on da go at the moment so heres to the drink

cheers

GAWA
Green and White Army

Welcome. It looks like you are enjoying much the same weather as I am. Cold, cloudy, rainy. AKA spring.

cheers boys, aye the weather just doesnt change here im afraid, i think we got two nice sort of days last year lol

hi guys great to see theres other people from ireland. i was wondering if anyone could help me im looking for a home brew shop in northern ireland in in belfast, would even be willing to travel to dublin maybe if theres none up here cheers.

hello mate, there is a good wee place up the old newtownards road that does a lot of good stuff, ill post here the marra what you call the place as well as the address, they have all the stuff you need for brewing so cut the cost of importing all, and buy from them.
they are the only 1s ive come across so far im a newbie too. wer in Northern Ireland ya from???????

GAWA
Green and White Army

Welcome! Good to see some people from Ireland. I haven't been to Ireland in almost 2 years and I really miss it... I want to go back soon.

PEJ here ya go
where in Northern Ireland are ya from

natures Way
305 Upper Newtownards Rd
Belfast, BT4 3JH, United Kingdom

028 90471333‎

GAWA
Green and White Army

Hello there Norn Irn & Chums ,were practically neighbours compared to the vast selection of Americans here, P.S good site Im just a newbie and so far so good!

Ireland is kick ass!!!! I'm proud to be American first, but my grandma told me to remember where we have come from because it was a long and very hard trip! I will make it there someday. Grandma said she would have loved to see her home again but was glad to be here. Welcome, Glad you here!!!

hi norn irn in the big smoke belfast myself, newtownards road really? i was just about to place an order with stupid charges just coz we live in northern ireland. if you could give me an address that would be great. i'll google map it and head down 2day or tomorrow

hey, went down to that natures way shop, seemed good, though she was low on stock and had no sugar but def will be back there thanks for the tip norn irn

cheers glad to be of help, did you watch healy and co???? was at the matches myself absolutley outstanding, still in with a chance of qualifying but the hardest is yet to come

GAWA
Green and White Army

was going to ask where i can find a homebrew shop in the north. GAWA just answered my question theres one on the newtownards road. where abouts is it. just looking for an airlock and a thermometer i take it they will have them?

natures Way
305 Upper Newtownards Rd
Belfast, BT4 3JH, United Kingdom

028 90471333‎

google the postcode relic, its at the very top of the newtownards road just past KFC. yea they have airlocks etc, where ya from relic??

hello mate, there is a good wee place up the old newtownards road that does a lot of good stuff, ill post here the marra what you call the place as well as the address, they have all the stuff you need for brewing so cut the cost of importing all, and buy from them.
they are the only 1s ive come across so far im a newbie too. wer in Northern Ireland ya from???????

GAWA
Green and White Army

Welcome, blood.

hi guys great to see theres other people from ireland. i was wondering if anyone could help me im looking for a home brew shop in northern ireland in in belfast, would even be willing to travel to dublin maybe if theres none up here cheers.

Check us out at Ireland's homebrew store. Up to 30% less on wine, beer, home brew equipment
We ship to Ireland and NI for Euro 7 and our prices are a whole lot less than our competitors (up to 30% cheaper).

Let us know what you think of our site and also the product range we stock. We can stock pretty much anything with a bit of notice.

the only problem is the exchange rate, was down in the Republic last weekend and a pint of beer was 4.60euro, which is $6.26 not sure what the price for a pint is in the stateswhich is £3.88 sterling which is about £1.30 dearer than in Northern Ireland

the only problem is the exchange rate, was down in the Republic last weekend and a pint of beer was 4.60euro, which is $6.26 not sure what the price for a pint is in the stateswhich is £3.88 sterling which is about £1.30 dearer than in Northern Ireland

Sounds like great motivation to homebrew then ;)

Welcome norn_irn, good to hear from other local brewers. im based in belfast at the minute and use natures way for small item like caps etc, but because i brew allgrain i have to source my ingredients elsewhere.

I just noticed this post but it has been interesting to read. I too am one of those Americans of Irish decent that cannot wait to "go home". My Dad's family came here a long time ago but was originally from Derry.

Dennis

thats the same place i used too peter, im trying to source out local produce at the moment to have a truely ULSTER beer, well as close as i can get it lol

im trying to source out local produce at the moment to have a truely ULSTER beer

That would be pretty cool but i don't of any maltsters or hop growers here. I'd love to try growing my own hops but with our climate we're probably best sticking to the spuds.

i just regesterd today and im wondering if any of yous know wereto get cheap presureised kegs? iv got 1 king keg top float at the min looking to brew a lot more lol
and cheap suplier links??
oh and thanks for info about natyres way im gona give them a visit

Hi guys, I'm a total brewing newbie from Northern Ireland. Halfway through making my first kit brew... it's a Woodfordes Great Eastern.

Anyway, i was wondering if anyone had noticed that apparently Northern Ireland's first dedicated homebrew shop is opening in Dungannon this month (Sept 2009)!

Their web-site isn't fully operational just yet but you can keep up to date with what's going on.

ShedBrewbrew, wine making kits,home brew

Hi guys, I'm a total brewing newbie from Northern Ireland. Halfway through making my first kit brew... it's a Woodfordes Great Eastern.

Anyway, i was wondering if anyone had noticed that apparently Northern Ireland's first dedicated homebrew shop is opening in Dungannon this month (Sept 2009)!

Their web-site isn't fully operational just yet but you can keep up to date with what's going on.

ShedBrewbrew, wine making kits,home brew

Welcome! :)

I would love to visit Ireland. Both sides of my family are of Irish decent. My parents used to say I recieved a double shot of Irish. =)

Welcome to the addiction.

Back