What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NordeastBrewer77 said:
Do you BBQ in your house? :D

Only when I'm grilling the pumpkin for the fall brew! Won that thing in a raffle last year and never was able to use it. :/

jonmohno said:
Old Rasputin RIS. First timer with this one. A beer to crap your pants over good.

Meh. Lol sorry but even though they're about 30 minutes away I've never been huge on any of their beers. OR is probably their best, but their Belgian lineup such as Brother Thelonius are bad enough that I actually think they should face criminal charges for brewing them.

Meh. Lol sorry but even though they're about 30 minutes away I've never been huge on any of their beers. OR is probably their best, but their Belgian lineup such as Brother Thelonius are bad enough that I actually think they should face criminal charges for brewing them.

More negativity from you I dont care for. You like to oppose any comment I make when you do.

jonmohno said:
More negativity from you I dont care for. You like to oppose any comment I make when you do.

Yeah, I guess I'm not crazy about you dude. You are rude, your grammar and punctuation are criminal, and you like to showboat a trolling attitude. Honestly I would block you, but I don't believe in hiding from unpleasant things as they can often offer an opportunity for personal growth.

Hiss!!! Rrrreooooow!

Ladies, ladies.... you're both very pretty! :D :mug:

Now lets drink some beer!

HPIM1298.jpg

Yeah, I guess I'm not crazy about you dude. You are rude, your grammar and punctuation are criminal, and you like to showboat a trolling attitude. Honestly I would block you, but I don't believe in hiding from unpleasant things as they can often offer an opportunity for personal growth.

Whos the jerk as you called me before? Listen to yourself. Keep your negativity in your head. Dont believe im the troll here.Read what you just said.

nukebrewer said:
I will drink to that!

image-3776473875.jpg

I just bought one of those today. Haven't had it yet. Honestly, I said I'd never buy anything from that brewery because I hate the name and the labels, but I heard good things about them from this thread so I decided to give them a try.

What I'm drinking now

image-2753441741.jpg

I just bought one of those today. Haven't had it yet. Honestly, I said I'd never buy anything from that brewery because I hate the name and the labels, but I heard good things about them from this thread so I decided to give them a try.

What I'm drinking now

View attachment 81967

Clown Shoes has got to be the best new brewery I've had in a long time. I would never let the name or labels of a brewery prevent me from trying their beer. If I did, I would never have tried Dogfish Head. Puts the image in my head of a cat eating a dead fish that's all skeleton except for the head. Blech!

nukebrewer said:
Clown Shoes has got to be the best new brewery I've had in a long time. I would never let the name or labels of a brewery prevent me from trying their beer. If I did, I would never have tried Dogfish Head. Puts the image in my head of a cat eating a dead fish that's all skeleton except for the head. Blech!

Yeah I had my stupid reasons. But today I actually looked closer at them and decided on the Hoppy Feet. I'll be trying more from them I'm sure.

What I'm drinking now

View attachment 81967

Clown Shoes is great! Haven't had a bad one yet. Personally, I love the name, I've been calling my buddies clown shoes for years. The labels are nice too, even if I didn't love Tramp Stamp, I'd buy it here and there. :cross:

Oh, and the Blaecorn Unidragon label is pretty cool looking too. :rockin:

Yeah I had my stupid reasons. But today I actually looked closer at them and decided on the Hoppy Feet. I'll be trying more from them I'm sure.

Not sure what kind of beer you're into, but if you're into IPAs, the Miracle IPA is amazing. I will definitely be picking another couple bombers of that this weekend while I am up visiting the in-laws. If stouts are more your style, Blaecorn Unidragon and Vampire Slayer are both awesome imperial stouts. I personally wasn't blown away by Tramp Stamp, but it is still a damn fine Belgian IPA. The only one I have that I haven't tried yet is Hoppy Feet 1.5, but I'll more than likely crack that while I am mashing my brew this weekend. I really want to try their pecan pie ale, but I haven't seen it yet.

Enjoying my own "Unbind These Roots", a smoked porter aged on oak and brewed with serrano and poblano peppers. Delicious.

That sounds f-in amazing! I have got to try that.

It works really well.

Haven't had this in awhile, always one of my favorite strong ales.

HPIM1300.jpg

Orkney makes some d@mn fine traditional Scottish beers. This one's a great smoking beer and will definitely end with a cigar. Dark Island is great if you want a malty session brew. After revisiting this, I'm much happier with the way my No. 3 Burton pale is coming along. :tank:

dryboroughbrewing said:
Just had some of my IIPA french pressed through .5 oz each of amarillo and simcoe, now I'm having a glass of my coffee oatmeal stout.

That's a helluvan idea! Cheers to you!

dryboroughbrewing said:
Just had some of my IIPA french pressed through .5 oz each of amarillo and simcoe, now I'm having a glass of my coffee oatmeal stout.

I have to try doing that one day. Sounds awesome!

nukebrewer said:
Not sure what kind of beer you're into, but if you're into IPAs, the Miracle IPA is amazing. I will definitely be picking another couple bombers of that this weekend while I am up visiting the in-laws. If stouts are more your style, Blaecorn Unidragon and Vampire Slayer are both awesome imperial stouts. I personally wasn't blown away by Tramp Stamp, but it is still a damn fine Belgian IPA. The only one I have that I haven't tried yet is Hoppy Feet 1.5, but I'll more than likely crack that while I am mashing my brew this weekend. I really want to try their pecan pie ale, but I haven't seen it yet.

I've always been into stouts, porters and Belgians mainly, but I like a very wide variety of styles. But now I'm really getting into IPAs. I'll definitely try your recommendations.

I am so stoked about that French press idea. I am going to pull that out at the next homebrew meeting and say it was all my own idea. They will fall to their knees, crying on my shoes and eventually hoisting me up on a chair in the back room of the Chinese restaurant we meet in. :D

bottlebomber said:
I am so stoked about that French press idea. I am going to pull that out at the next homebrew meeting and say it was all my own idea. They will fall to their knees, crying on my shoes and eventually hoisting me up on a chair in the back room of the Chinese restaurant we meet in. :D

I imagine that outcome for many things I plan to do. It never happens though. :(

Nice. I've done it to spice up an older pale ale, worked really well. Fresh aroma, maybe a hint of grassy hoppiness too. I've also done it to a light lager just to see, and it gave it a citrus-y nose. I used cascades for that, and I think it was a PBR.
Everyone at the meeting will be so amazed... unless they read that issue of Zymurgy. :D

bottlebomber said:

It also improves Costco beer your mother in law buys greatly.

WesleyS said:
I imagine that outcome for many things I plan to do. It never happens though. :(
I know right? It will probably be more like "Hmm.. It tastes like an IPA.. But with a stale coffee flavor. Say, aren't your member fees due?"
NordeastBrewer77 said:
Everyone at the meeting will be so amazed... unless they read that issue of Zymurgy. :D
I assure you, they haven't. I recently astounded everyone with a brief explanation of the importance of yeast pitching rates. These guys are all over 50 and probably gained interest either from prison or something they made in the boiler room of a battleship of the coast of 'Nam.

Back