Possible to grow indoors?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benzy4010

Reaction score
It's curious if it's possible to grow hops indoors? The reason I'm Asking is that I live in an area that isn't comparable for a few hops. I was wondering if I could start a plant indoors whetr I can regulate the Temp and give it a better chance of a chance.

I've started quite a few plants indoors because of the weather, but I don't think they'll thrive indoors.

If you've got a really big house with a nice curved staircase with a wall of windows... let them wind up the banister as they bathe in the sun all day.
Otherwise they grow fast enough that by the time you get them started they'll have gotten out of hand like the Little Shop of Horrors.
Plus with the hairs on the bines, once they grab onto something (carpet, curtains, furniture) it can be difficult to get them to release without damaging the bines.
They're pretty hearty plants, give them a little bit of soil, modest sun, and a little water everyday to start and within a few weeks they're strong enough to hold their own.

Back