my logo, input please

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chia

Reaction score
here is a logo my friend made for me. please let me know what you think!

Whitener avatar .jpg

Art critiques are often about as useful as talking to yourself in the mirror. Everyone is always positive and does not tell you what you really could benefit from hearing. No one wants to hurt anyone's feelings and as a result you get nothing constructive from anyone. I'm not afraid to share with you and educated opinion, in detail, but you must first acknowledge and request that I proceed. I'm a new member here, not looking to ruffle any undue feathers. You might not like what I would have to say if you really personally like this logo.

Ha, it's the internet buddyro! Go ahead and be constructive with your criticism, or be a dick, or be helpful or whatever it is you'd like.

Might be nice to know what his (gotta assume his,vhere) goal is for the logo- commerical pub or frathouse brewroom for instance, before we call in a true art critic.

Def like where it's going. Not sure if you're limited to black and white, but I would definitely consider color if that's in the cards.

Just another idea... Not sure about it, but what about some smaller text below your brewery? Just like a slogan or something? I dunno just a thought...

I like it, but some food for thought.

I can't think of a reason to go plain black/white other than for a stencil/vinyl sticker/cutout/stamp/etc. There's so much detail in there that it'd be very difficult to use it as one of those.

That said, it looks like your friend put a lot of work into it.

I'm with guru, just some common sense stuff, the font sizes make no sense, the font is hard to read, it looks like a mud flap silhouette design on a full sized label, where would you put the beer name and info?

This logo was put together by someone with either little to no graphic design experience or they didn't give a Damn and it was hastily put together, no effort put in, clip art silhouettes have their place, but it's just that, free clip art. Font choice wise, the only other modern typeface they could have chosen that would have been more played out than the "bleeding cowboys" they used would have been "papyrus". I agree with the above comment, it looks like a mud flap, the calligraphic brush stroke of that outline path could have been leveraged better, add some gain variance within the stroke along the path to emphasize the content, not merely frame it. The outline concept could have been made interesting, but it currently serves only as a boring distraction. "Brand identity" wise your sole course would be to establish by pure repetition. It looks like generic clip art, hastily thrown together, which is what I would put my money on it actually being. Looks cheap, so if that is the message you are wanting to convey about your homebrew, that it is cheap, thrown together, dime-a-dozen, hooker-trucker beer, then job well done.

^ why the hate on hookers and truckers :p

But yeah, Bleeding Cowboy, um...

And since it's written like "Whitener Street Brewing Co." it looks weird. seems like it should be more "Whitener Street Brewing Co."

I am a bit tacky, so that covers the mud flap theme. was going to be White Trash Brewing Company, or Burasa Blanca, but i thought i would stay classy. had a ***** of a time uploading the file so i shrank it down.

I am a bit tacky, so that covers the mud flap theme. was going to be White Trash Brewing Company, or Burasa Blanca, but i thought i would stay classy. had a ***** of a time uploading the file so i shrank it down.

Well in that case, I love it, great job, you hit the nail square on the head! More power to you, ...but not in that way ...um, yeah

going to have the logo etched into some pint glasses. was interested in what some of you might do with color or different? considering i live in the ass hole of America, the white trash theme seems to be pretty accurate

OP, if you're interested, I would be willing to try helping you DIY it.

I own a vinyl cutter, so I can make glass etching stencils. You'd have to provide a vector file and size you want it, plus a few bucks for shipping and materials at cost.

Back