Keg system gone flat.. beer okay? what to do next?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilikeguns

Reaction score
So I went to draw a pint tonight and got nothing. Was working fine last night and the night before.

So here is the scenario.. Last week I modified my one tap system to be able to have two kegs under pressure from one tank. This way i can carb one while I enjoy the other.

I think my newly kegged batch had a slight leak in the seal and that was what caused my system to empty out.

Okay.. so assuming I get the beer back up to pressure tomorrow, is there any damage done? I haven't opened any of the kegs so I'm assuming 02 exposure is minimal. Both kegs are cold (i keep the kegerator at 36) so I'd assume everything is okay.

thanks all.. i'd relax and have a homebrew.. but.. ya see.. i kind of have this issue with my keg...

Sounds like you'll have to buy a sixer of research and development for future recipe formulation.

I picked up a growler of Kelso Industrial IPA to carry me over until I'm pouring beer again.

So I hit up the welding shop and got my CO2 refilled this morning, and then tightened up all the fittings on my new system. What I had thought was a leaky lid, was actually a loose connection on my gas line quick disconnect. Once the fridge compressor kicked off, I could hear the hiss of CO2 escaping... lesson learned.

Another lesson I've learned is that I need to bottle some beer. In my adventures in homebrewing, I jumped right to kegging but now I'm realizing that I need to be prepared in case of an emergency. :D

Back