Keezer Freezer with Audible/Visual Temp Alarms

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SmokingGunn

Reaction score
A buddy of mine just got this freezer, and I was thinking it would be perfect for my keezer project:

http://www.sears.com/kenmore-8.8-cu...p-04616949000P?prdNo=6&blockNo=6&blockType=G6

Until I see that it has audible & visual temperature alarms when the internal temperature rises over 23 degrees.

Is there a way around this, or do I need to keep shopping for something that not quite so sophisticated?

Thanks,

Gunn

I have the same exact freezer I made into a keezer. The alarm has a switch on back of the freezer you can turn off. The audible alarm is off but when the keezer is on all you see is an amber light on the front which is the "alarm". Makes no difference to me.

I love the size of it too. Fits 4 cornys easy and a carboy for lagers.

Here is a picture of mine. Let me know how yours turns out!

IMG_0600.JPG

I have the same exact freezer I made into a keezer. The alarm has a switch on back of the freezer you can turn off. The audible alarm is off but when the keezer is on all you see is an amber light on the front which is the "alarm". Makes no difference to me.

I love the size of it too. Fits 4 cornys easy and a carboy for lagers.

Perfect. Did you click on that link? If so, what price is it giving you. When I checked it yesterday it was $295. Today it's $329. I wonder if it's giving different prices based on the IP addresses? :confused:

Yea man I was a little confused when I saw that price. I got mine for $250 about a month ago when they had a sale and an additional 10% off Kenmore appliances. I know Sears changes their price all the time. If you have some patience I would wait. That price is definitely high.

I bought all my gear from Kegconnection.com and was super happy with their service. I know they have been having a bunch of stuff on sale lately it's probably worth getting that stuff at least.

I'll check there, but the best prices I've found so far have been from cornykeg.com. I had a hard time sourcing the thermostat, but I found the one I wanted from grainger this morning so I snatched it up while it was still available. I kind of have a "staged" plan, and my first step is just to get the beer into the fridge with a picnic tap. I'll build it out later.

Thanks for the insight!

I bought all my gear from Kegconnection.com and was super happy with their service. I know they have been having a bunch of stuff on sale lately it's probably worth getting that stuff at least.

How many 5 gallom cornies can you fit in there?

I also bought this freezer for my keezer project. It fits 4 corny's on the floor along with a 10 lb Co2 tank, and I have a 3 gallon corny on the hump for pop, along with a 5 lb Co2 tank for the pop and force carbing. Works great! I had to cut the cord on the alarm in order to put the collar on. No issues, I just taped the ends and left it unhooked.

I have the 20cf I removed all the electrical and ran everything off the temp controller wired the fans to run off the heat cycle which runs right after the cool cycle STR-1000

Yea man I was a little confused when I saw that price. I got mine for $250 about a month ago when they had a sale and an additional 10% off Kenmore appliances. I know Sears changes their price all the time. If you have some patience I would wait. That price is definitely high.

Damn thing s $350 now! WTF Sears?!

That looks great. I think I'm going to hold off until after Christmas and see if the price comes down a bit. I've got a 20 cu ft upright I can use with a picnic tap in the mean-time. I just ordered 2 cornie today... I'm really looking forward to kegging.

Back