New post a picture of your pint

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My IPA

ForumRunner_20120923_203902.jpg

All-grain Ambree de Sarrasin. Only carbed for 11 days. Decided to test one early and it looks and tastes AWESOME!

CHEERS!

image-1229325910.jpg

My wife is having 22oz of Kolsch. Poured to have little to no head as she doesn't like head(no comments please.)

image-976472440.jpg

Tasted my 10 months old Bock yesterday.
It was the 4th time we brewed this bock recipe, but I mist a little kick .. the little wow .. YES feeling.
The bock / recipe is quite special for our homebrewery, since it is our first all-grain recipe. When we (my co-brewer and I) tasted that very first AG beer we looked each other in the eyes and shooked hands: This was how beer was meant to be!

The bock on the picture is a fine beer, nothing wrong with it. It's just not *perfect*.

327581459_347801741977866.jpg

First homebrew complete and i must say I am happy with the result. A brooklyn homebrew American IPA.

image-679597162.jpg

image-3375078824.jpg

image-3873699463.jpg

Black IPA from an extract kit at one of my LHBS. I dry hopped with 1oz Zythos for 1wk, even though the kit didn't call for it. Turned out amazing :)

2012-09-28_23-15-51_373.jpg

2012-09-29_00-28-47_758.jpg

Sorry I didn't think to post this when I first poured it, oh well. Just doing a bit lawning, getting a little work done, reading HBT, and drinking... This one happens to be a saison that I found that's been aging for 18 months now, it's excellent.

thumb2_beer-56786.jpg

My "Udder Worldly" Double Chocolate Cream Stout in my favourite pilfered pint glass form Howard's....just in time for the holidays and very tasty.

stout.jpg

My last batch of Belgian Dark Ale, pretty clear, albeit opaque. Still a little green, and could use more time to carb. Still beer though!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Two pictures of pints for today, first a classic pint of best bitter: Maris Otter, chocolate malt for colour, bittered, finished and dry hopped with fresh EKG. Fermented with S-04. It's mildly fruity, floral, biscuity and sweet, but dry and moreish in the aftertaste. I'm starting to like S-04 more and more for bitters since it amps up the biscuit and hops.It's not a "cream your pants since it's so awesome" yeast, but it's honest. I'm also not missing the crystal malt at all in this beer.

A B+ pint.

28hoois.jpg

Next up is a dark mild brewed on the very same day. Maris Otter, dark crystal and pale chocolate, a touch of phoenix for bittering and fermented with Windsor. This beer is somewhat of a dud. I don't think I like Windsor with dark crystal... it's also very, very fruity, which hurts the drinkability.

A C pint at best.

14j2pvl.jpg

This was mine last week when I brewed. It's a basic 7% pale ale dry hopped w/ 2oz of Amarillo hops. Was my first ever on keg. I've bottled every bit up until this.

image-2388703019.jpg

not a pint, but my first mead, a 19% abv Peach monster using off the shelf honey from Costco (14lbs) and 10 lbs of peaches. Just less than three months young, clearing nicely...

first mead.jpg

Back