What would you do?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevokie

Reaction score
Hello, quick question of "what would you do?" Last Friday, I brewed a cream ale kit and modified it a bit by adding 2 lbs of fresh peaches pureed and 8 oz raisins pureed. I added these two with about 10 min. left in the extract boil. When I poured into the primary, I poured everything in there so as to hopefully leach the sugars from the fruit and add a touch more alcohol. :rockin: I hope. Anyways, I still have to check the SG but airlock activity has come to a stop for the most part. The part that I am concerned about is the fruit that is in the bucket. I don't want it getting all nasty and affecting the beer. My plan was to leave it all in the primary for at least three weeks then bottle. Should I get it off of the fruit and secondary or just leave it be for 3 or 4 weeks?

Oh, and I'm drinking a cold beer, not worrying at all...just looking for opinions. Thanks guys and gals, ya'll are awesome! :mug:

Yup-leave it be. Since fermentation has already produced a fair amount of alcohol, you don't have to worry about anything nasty springing to life in the carboy at this point (unless you completely screwed up sanitation or something...!). Just let the yeasties do their thing.

Back