Bottled 5 Gallons of Apfelwein in 1 hour flat!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Henny

Reaction score
OK, I lie, I didn't bottle, I Boxed. Is that tacky? I bought empty wine boxes and bags online. They were the cute 3 liter ones though, not the chuggin wine 5 liter boxes you see from Franzia and ilk.

What do you think? Tacky or No? BTW, this is uber refrigerator freindly :)

Mine is not carbonated. I don't add sugar at bottling time. If you are asking if it can handle the gases / then yes. Mine are quite gassy as I have no way to degassify. BTW, the place I bought them was emptywinebox.com

If anyone has a coupon code please share as I will be ordering more of them, but higher quanity for the price break.

OK, I lie, I didn't bottle, I Boxed. Is that tacky? I bought empty wine boxes and bags online. They were the cute 3 liter ones though, not the chuggin wine 5 liter boxes you see from Franzia and ilk.

What do you think? Tacky or No? BTW, this is uber refrigerator freindly :)

That's a cool idea! How heavy is one after "bagging" it? I'm thinking it might be nice (if not to heavy) for a little backpacking trip coming up....

According to google calculator, 1 liter weighs 2.2 lbs. so ~6 lbs? They aren't that heavy...

According to google calculator, 1 liter weighs 2.2 lbs. so ~6 lbs? They aren't that heavy...

Der..that makes sense! I didn't think to figure it up that way. Thanks btw.
A little too heavy for lugging around on my back I guess though. Although it would get lighter every night :D

Think I saw them at the LHBS yesterday too... I still see it as being a cheesy way to do it, but do what you need to... At least you're making good stuff to go into it...

Back