Dual Product Regulator release valve Problem

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

time2trade

Reaction score
Just bought a dual product regulator. Attached to my CO2 tank, tightened everything up/ clamped all my connections tightly. Turned on the tank and the CO2 seems to just blow out of the second pressure release valve (furthest from tank).

I assumed the regulator was pretty straight forward, but besides concluding that I got a regulator with a bum valve, what steps can I take to prevent / remedy this if any? I pulled on it to see if it was stuck, but it springs back into place. I double checked all my connections and tightened them as much as I could.

I attached a couple of pics. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. It feels like something straight forward i'm missing that a noob would do, such as myself...

Bheers!

regulator2.JPG

regulator1.JPG

Hi

The relief valve just unscrews from the regulator body. There may be something simple wrong like a chunk of crud in the seal.

Bob

There may be something trapped in the valve or the seal inside might be damaged.

And BTW, good luck with this one - looks like a cheap Chinese knockoff.

I suggest returning it.

I had the same problem with the same reg when I gassed it up not hooked to a keg when I hook the keg up to that line it stopped and there are no leaks anywhere else

Back