one batch and a bought this

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jamming

Reaction score
Hello everyone i am a newbi brewer but i dont do anything halk cocked. I must say this is one high quality piece of equipment and really look forward to no buckets or carboys. Just finished my first brew and started my third batch and plan on full grain soon. :mug: My closed cooler worked really well also. 16 minutes and two bags of ice. Cheers !!

DSCN1678.jpg

DSCN1679.jpg

DSCN1682.jpg

you really went balls to the walls....nice

Hope that glass carboy isn't sitting under fluorescent lights all day though

Do you have a fridge for that conical?

Ditto. That's a nice piece of kit, but I'm afraid it's not going to help you make good beer unless you have a way to keep it temperature controlled. Your money would have been better spent on other things.

Nice! I wish I had more available cash. But I agree, I think this should have been a bit lower on your list.

They have a heating/cooling blanket with controller system for those conicals. That would be another good investment imo. Looks nice.

No its not under light all day.
Why would i want it to be in a fridge when my ferm temps are 65f-70f
I also got a kegerator and 3 cornie kegs for fridge
what beers require low temps for fermentation ? porters do i know but what else.
Mostly doing kits right now but purchased 3 kegs and stuff from adventures in brewing.
To answer another question i used approx 2 bags of ice to cool my wort and cold well water, 6 gallons of wort cooled off in 16 minutes to yeast temp. Worked well but will get a plate chiller next. The pump is a flotec sub pump from home depot.

Well,lagers need to ferment around 50F. And the effective range of cooper's ale yeast,for example,is 62-72F. Many ale yeast fit this example,& the lower end of the range being cleaner & less estery.
So ales can be cleaner tasting at the lower end of the range,regardless of how light or dark it is.

Well,lagers need to ferment around 50F. And the effective range of cooper's ale yeast,for example,is 62-72F. Many ale yeast fit this example,& the lower end of the range being cleaner & less estery.
So ales can be cleaner tasting at the lower end of the range,regardless of how light or dark it is.

Thank you for that ! Just finished and racked a dark ale and its very good but being a rookie it might be a bit harsh is the word comes to mind but the head is very creamy, and nice very slight bitterness at the end.

don't be afraid to push the upper end of temps for some fruity esters on certain ale yeasts. I like that addition to many english styles. Nice set up wish i had the space & the $. welcome! just a bit of equipment envy!:rockin:

Forum won't let me quote for some reason.
My wife asked me and I said a Blichmann ferminator would you have said bucket. Lol ! Then she said " what else" now I have three keggles coming :)
But she hasn't seen the bill yet, if you don't see me come back you will know what happened. :mug:

Back