Plastic hose barb causes cancer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DlALTONE

Reaction score
I noticed my plastic barbs instructions warn me about cancer causing chemicals used in this plastic. It says according to California law it must notify me. I'm using this piece on my chiller, as the last piece before the beer goes to the bucket. Thanks

+1 to BendBrewer. I wouldn't worry about it too much. If you get around to it, you might want to replace it with something that doesn't say that, but I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

I am 100% positive that plastic bit will cause cancer. Huge, nasty, pulsating cancer.

Assuming you grind it into powder and do nothing but eat, drink, breathe and bathe in it for the next 200 years.

brewmcq said:
I am 100% positive that plastic bit will cause cancer. Huge, nasty, pulsating cancer.

Assuming you grind it into powder and do nothing but eat, drink, breathe and bathe in it for the next 200 years.

What is the over/under on that?

Me, I don't pay a lot of attention to "warnings" written by PRK lawyers.

They live in their own little world out there.

;)

Well the other day I bought a pice of plywood from lowes and it had that sticker on it saying sawdust has been shown to cause cancer in the state of CA. My question is will it cause cancer in say CO or do they just not care? :) it is getting overboard!!! A few years back the nanny state banned making ATVs for children because there is lead in them yes lead. You need a battery to start them and there is a motor to run the. I do believe there is much in a battery than the lead but the lead is the reason they were banned. You can only buy them because there is a waiver on ATVs for the time being

Stainless causes rectal cancer.......but only if you stick it up there for long periods of time.......in California.

Everyone gets cancer.

I'm not getting mine from a stupid piece of plastic.. maybe from the pack and a half day tobacco habit though.. :-D

From what I read above, you will get more :rockin: from those coffin nails, than your stainless steel brewery.

I hope everyone who read's or post's in this thread get's cancer.

The quoted sentence contains extraneous apostrophes which are known to the state of California to cause cancer.

Seriously dude, I know I'm being a prick but it's early in the morning and the baby is making me awake when I don't want to be, so screw it. How the hell do you put apostrophes in that? Are you even thinking about what you are trying to say? Were you intending a possessive sense? "This is read's of, this is post's in, and this is get's cancer." Or did you think it was a contraction? "I hope everyone who read is or post is in this thread get is cancer." Or is there s'ome other new usag'e of apost'rophes I am not a'ware of'?

I just don't get it. I mean, yeah, we're all just a bunch of hairless monkeys, so I shouldn't be surprised if some of the monkeys throw around pointless apostrophes. But then again, by that logic I should expect every week one or two of my monkey co-workers would suddenly stand up in a meeting and crap in the middle of the floor. Yet they don't do that. So why the freakin' extra apostrophes?

Oh I know, every word that end's in 'S ha's to have an apostrophe right before the last letter. I's that how it goe's?

Cage match!
jsweet vs wildwest! Loser gets California cancer.

* My money is on wildwest, because he has a sweet avatar.

* My money is on wildwest, because he has a sweet avatar.

He's a one man wrecking crew, but his picture is of a two-woman drinking crew? Please.

I used to think those chicks were hot, but now I know they are just thinking up inappropriate ways to use apostrophes. I bet that turns you on, too, wildwest. Frikkin' pervert... "Oh yeah, misuse that apostrophe baby, that's so hot. Look at that naughty girl, ignoring all her grammar lessons... Just like that, aw yeah!" Sick, dude. You should be ashamed.

Um, wait, I think I lost the plot there for a moment.

Beers' more important than women, anyway's. Make beer, women's will follow. (expatriate Tonawanda's)

i smoke cigarette's, but as long as i get cancer in my lung's and not in my ball's i'm good.

I remember reading the back of a trident package when I was younger, "has been shown to cause cancer in lab rats." how do you get a rat to chew gum and not eat it?

Back