Day after Christmas brew...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Random_Guy

Reaction score
My totally awesome sister in law got me a nice Nut brown ale kit for Christmas.

http://www.monsterbrew.com/Prod_NutBrownAle.cfm

Brewed it up the next night with my BIL and friend as it was doing me no good in the box. Everything went perfect! Had a little boil over which should not have happened, but it was my fault as I had the lid on the pot and was talking to them. Hit my SG of 1.050 and fermentation started like a champ the next day and all is well! Looking forward to putting this brew into my keg setup I also got for Christmas. It will be a good day when that brew is ready!

:mug:

Go SIL!!!!

Since no one has commented I will. A few days ago all activity stopped in the airlock and the temp got pretty low. I got nervous thinking I would get the dreaded stuck 1.020 reading but made sure the temp was consistent after that and let it sit. Well tonight I just had to know so I took a reading and to my delight I got a 1.012FG. WooHoo!!! It tastes wonderful and I cannot wait to keg it!!!!

Happy New Year!!!!

Not much to comment about. Congrats, though, and there's very little in homebrewing that can't be fixed with just waiting it out. Except boilovers, of course. :)

I normally don't boil over and normally don't do extract brewing. Forgot that the DME can cause a boil over even with such a small amount in the pot. Oh well, it was minor at best. I am pretty excited about the so far so good nut brown ale!!!! Can't wait to keg!!!

Yeah, when I did an "easy" extract batch after a few all-grain batches, I forgot and boiled over, too. Happy New Year!

Back