Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was not disproved. It wasn't proven.
The NFL, by it's own admission, destroyed all information regarding the Pariots investigation after they issued the fine. So perhaps now, it can never be independently substantiated.

wronnnnnnggggggg... there was never any tapes or any other evidence of that whole Super Bowl crap.

The league confiscated the regular season tapes and destroyed them.

ALTHOUGH.. maybe they didn't!

Maybe there the guy on the grassy knoll did!!!

From Gregg Easterbrook:

Quote:
This weekend, in an e-mail exchange with NFL spokesman Greg Aiello, I asked twice whether the Patriots' documents contained evidence of cheating in the Super Bowl, and Aiello twice declined to either confirm or deny the existence of such evidence. The first time, he changed the subject with a detailed response about the original penalty; and the second time, after I protested he hadn't answered my questions, he replied, "I did answer your questions to the extent I'm going to answer them."
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=easterbrook/070925&sportCat=nfl

More here:

Quote:
Here is a timeline of events so far:

Sunday, Sept. 9: During the Patriots-Jets season opener, security officers seize a video camera a team official on the New England sideline was using to film signal-calling on the New York sideline. NFL rules forbid filming the opponents' sideline or recording opponents' signal calling. Clubs had been reminded of this prohibition by a strongly worded directive sent from league headquarters in September 2006.

Thursday, Sept. 13: Commissioner Goodell declares the Patriots guilty of "a calculated and deliberate attempt to avoid long-standing rules designed to encourage fair play and promote honest competition on the playing field." He imposes on New England the strongest penalty in NFL history: loss of a first-round pick (if the Pats make the playoffs), or second- and third-round choices in the 2008 draft (if New England fails to reach the postseason); a $500,000 personal fine against Belichick; and a $250,000 club fine. Goodell orders the Patriots to turn over all videotapes and other materials obtained in violation of NFL rules, although this part of his decision is not publicly announced.

Sunday morning, Sept. 16: On ESPN, Chris Mortensen reports Goodell's directive that the Patriots surrender all videotapes and notes containing cheating materials.

Sunday evening, Sept. 16: On NBC's "Football Night in America," Goodell says New England has not yet complied with his order to surrender all illegal materials, adding the Patriots will be penalized more if the materials don't arrive soon.

Monday, Sept. 17: Asked whether he will surrender videotapes and notes to the league, Belichick answers, "Of course." Asked by The Boston Globe whether NFL headquarters has received the Patriots' materials, Aiello answers, "We don't have anything else on the matter to report right now."

Sometime between Monday night, Sept. 17, and Thursday afternoon, Sept. 20: The New England materials arrive at league headquarters.

Thursday night, Sept. 20: The NFL announces all of the Patriots' materials have been destroyed, disclosing nothing about their contents.

The history of scandals teaches us that when the point is reached that everything has come out, then the principals apologize in public and tell all. When the point has not yet been reached that everything has come out, there is usually stonewalling, denial and weird Nixonian/Clintonesque statements. The destruction of evidence and the lack of answers about what the evidence contained, leaves me wondering if there is something very important about the Patriots' spying scandal that has not yet come out.

So... in that entire piece, the only accusation you have was made by Gregg Easterbrook... who, by any measure was the absolute most hysterical lunatic on the planet over this entire situation??

Ok... how did the Pats cheat during the Super Bowl? You're theory is they had guys on the sidelines, filming signals, DURING the Super Bowl???

The Pats got whacked for filming signals, at Gillette Stadium, from their own sideline, how do you think they supposedly did it at the Super Bowl?

And what exactly do you think was ON those tapes?? Bill Polian, of the COLTS, by far the Pats biggest rival during that time frame even came out and said there was no smoking gun here and that people were freaking out over nothing.

But Gregg Easterbrook is right?

But again... what do you think was on those tapes?? What? Is Belichick clubbing baby seals???

"Did you tape signals?"
"Yes"
"I DON'T BELEIVE YOU!! I WANT TO SEE THE TAPES!"
"I just told you we did it"
"I'll be the judge of that!!... Aaaaaa HA!!! Right THERE!! You're filming signals!!"
"I know I just told you we did"

The Pats were at the absolute top of the league.
Belichick is a smug jerk becuase he doesn't give a rats azz if fans of other teams "like him".
Brady is a pretty-boy who does modeling gigs for GQ.

All of the above makes them the absolute perfect target for everyone to hate them with a passion... and that's cool, I can dig that... but like I was saying a few posts ago...

The Phillies have admitted to stealing signs in baseball for years... no one says a word. The Pats used a camera instead of a notebook and we're sitting here debating it four years after the fact.... with massive conspiracy theories and everything.

I think unnecessary puctuation and excessive capitalization is a sign of hysterical lunacy.

Let me break it down for Patriot fan level comprehension:

1) Allegations of cheating in Superbowl.
2) NFL won't confirm that evidence collected contains evidence of cheating in the Super Bowl and won't DENY it either.
3) NFL promptly destroys collected evidence.

Statements by those (Bill Polian) that have a vested interest in making sure that the NFL investigation- and by extension the fatted Cash Cow called the NFL- is not seen as a sham is evidence of nothing.

Riiiiiiiiiiiight... So Gregg Easterbrook's conspiracy theory of the Patriots using some top secret CIA black ops spy setup, during the Super Bowl, while when they were filming signals at Gillette they were doing in in broad site of 70,000 people included the other team.... THAT is much more believable than the league basically saying, "we looked at them, we confirmed it was what we thought and there was no reason to keep the tapes so we destroyed them"?

Like I was saying... you're accusing the NFL of hiding evidence... what do you think was on the tapes? What evidence did they destroy?

The Pats were at the absolute top of the league.
Belichick is a smug jerk becuase he doesn't give a rats azz if fans of other teams "like him".
Brady is a pretty-boy who does modeling gigs for GQ.

All of the above makes them the absolute perfect target for everyone to hate them with a passion... and that's cool, I can dig that...

Add to that the unfounded confidence and sense of superiority of the fanbase, and you've got it spot-on!

Like I was saying... you're accusing the NFL of hiding evidence... what do you think was on the tapes? What evidence did they destroy

I am accusing them of anything since they admitted to destroying perhaps exculpatory or inculpatory evidence. We don't know.
What I think is on the tapes is irrelevant, since they were destroyed.

Nixon wasn't impeached based on the content of the tapes, ya know.

As Patriot fans, you should be livid that the NFL did this to your team. In my opinion it forever tarnishes the organization because the NFL either did not have the fore site to independently establish your teams innocence in the matter or they covered it up in an attempt to save the league embarrassment.

2004 Patriots could have beaten ANY TEAM in NFL history.
Everytime, maybe not but they were certainly capable of competing with the greatest of all NFL franchises.

OK
On to Spygate

During the pre-season a memo was handed down to all teams about videotaping etc etc etc
Why?
Because the NFL knew EVERY TEAM WAS TAPING.

The NFL just wanted to set some guidlines (all you clowns know that taping is still allowed in the NFL right?)
Well, Belichick wanted to see how far he could go (the rules had LOTS of grey area) so he pushed it a little IN THE FIRST GAME OF THE SEASON.

Now, why was the evidence "destroyed"
Because , it showed other teams taping etc, etc, etc

All you FOOLS that think the Patriots were the only ones "cheating" need to go drink your kool-aid, get your nikes and purple sheets throw on the tin foil hat and lay down for a nice nap.

To this day I cant believe that people are actually this stupid............ and some of you make great beer..................................?

You know, all bs aside, thom brady, phil rivers, joe flacco, mark sanchez, tony romo, peyton manning. eli manning, and donnie mcnabb wouldn't make a pimple on Terry Bradshaw, Fran Tarkington, or Roger Staubach's a$$. The latter group were Men! They played when the rules didn't favor the QB's. Not to mention receivers. How many times do you think Jason Whitten, Randy Moss, or Plaxico Buress would have went across the middle with Fred Williams waiting on them? I have never been a Dolphins fan, but their undefeated season in a time where the game was not geared towards points will never be duplicated. It's not even the same game. I enjoy it for what it is, but it ain't sh$t.

So, Cape Brewing, is it true that Bill Bellychick got Thom a subscription to BlueBoy for Christmas? Or did he just share those locker room tapes? - Dwain

I hope my beloved Dolphins can pull a rabbit out of a hat and upset the Pats. Not likely though. Tom Brady has been progressively getting better, and the Pats are coming off a bye week.

But it is the Dolphins, one of the most inconsistent teams in the NFL (posses the ball for nearly 3 quarters of a game and lose to the Colts, be up 24-3 and still lose to the Saints), so it's not completely out of the question.

It's tough being a Phins Phan. :drunk: Could be worse though, I could be a Rams, Lions, Buccaneers, or Browns fan. :D

I'm just happy we swept the Jets this season. :ban: Haha dirty Sanchez.

Jets special teams couldn't deal with Mr. Ginn and his amazing kickoff returns for 2 TD's in a single quarter. Hasn't been done since '67. Good job Teddy.

If we are going to have a farts chance in the wind against NE, we need to keep pressure on Brady like we did with Brees in the first quarter (and actually continue that through to the second half) and step up the running game that was nill last week.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

"Wildcat" offense is going to be "Scaredy-cat" by the time the Pats are through with them. That **** works again BB-coached teams ONCE.

And if you ain't livid, then maybe you're scared.

Oh I was livid... and still am, but not just about that... about the fact that Belichick was stupid enough to do it in the first place. About the NFL and even more so, the Patriots and Belichick not doing more to explain to the fans what actually took place. And absolutely about the league destroying the tapes and giving all of the conspiracy theorists even more reason to freak out and cause a huge crying fit... for years. Absolutely.

"Wildcat" offense is going to be "Scaredy-cat" by the time the Pats are through with them. That **** works again BB-coached teams ONCE.

The wildcat offense was kind of a joke from the begining. It was something to throw off defenses and it served it's purpose.

The Dolphins don't even run many plays out of it anymore anyways. And when they do, it rarely picks up more than 6 yards.

The only way the Phins are going to win this game is to run the ball, eat the clock, and keep Tom Brady off the g--damn field.

And then actually do it again in the second half. No more of this "play like hell, then fall asleep" crap.

Add to that the unfounded confidence and sense of superiority of the fanbase, and you've got it spot-on!

"unfounded confidence"???

I got on the season ticket waiting list as soon as I could afford tickets. That was 1996. I finally got my seats before the start of the 2001 season.

First season with my tickets: they won the super bowl
Second season.... : off year 9-7 but moved into brand new stadium
Third year: They won the Super Bowl
Fourth year: they won the Super Bowl

Side note: They lost a home game at the end of 2002 and then didn't lose another one at home until the beginning of 2005. For just over two years, even though I went to every single home game, I didn't see them lose a game in person for a few years.

Fifth year: 10-6 and lost in the divisional playoffs
Sixth year: 12-4 and lost in the AFC championship game
Seventh year: 18-1 and four points shy of being the greatest team in NFL history.
Eighth year: THE INJURY... and they still went 11-5
THIS year.... slow start given THE INJURY... but even with the slow start they are 5-2, 5th in the NFL in pts per game scored and 3rd in the NFL in pts per game allowed.

... What... THE... F.. more do they have to do for our confidence to be "founded"???

THAT'S not good enough????

tell me about it... To say I caught it at the right time is a gross understatement.

That waiting list is decades long at the earliest now. Last time someone one know checked, the waiting list was something like 56,000 names and the Pats have about a 98% retention rate for tickets.

People are simply putting their new born children's names on the waiting list now and hoping for the best someday.

Baltimore's waiting list is even full. They now have a waiting list to get on the waiting list! When I finally get the money I will just pay more and buy private party instead of waiting and going through the stadium.

(taking off my obnoxious hat again)

Don't skip over that whole "not losing at home for a few years".... kidding aside... that was insane. We would got the stadium in that second year having ZERO expectation that the Pats could possibly lose. It was just a question of how much they were going to win by. It was crazy.

I think it is a big reason why Gillette Stadium has such a bad rap now for having lame fans. It's not a loud stadium by any stretch and I honestly think it is because the fans are incredibly spoiled. The fans expect the Pats to win. It should be a foregone conclusion. If they win, it is just "Well... it's the Pats, they're supposed to win" and if they lose its, "WTF is going on!?!?!?!"

And yeah, I'm on board with people thinking Pats fans are obnoxious (and I mean other than me, becuase I'm obnoxious all the time)... but look what we went through! If you went through the same thing with your team, you would be the same way.

... look at Yankee fans. I rest my case.

Baltimore's waiting list is even full. They now have a waiting list to get on the waiting list! When I finally get the money I will just pay more and buy private party instead of waiting and going through the stadium.

Wow, that's really surprising since they're not very good.

All I have to fuel Cape's fodder some more is 4 weeks. We'll see what this years Pats can do.

7-0 Who Dat.

P.S. I may live in CO now but I a NO native and have been a Saints fan since the Bum Phillips era, I'll never support the Donkeys.:mug:

All I have to fuel Cape's fodder some more is 4 weeks. We'll see what this years Pats can do.

7-0 Who Dat.

P.S. I may live in CO now but I a NO native and have been a Saints fan since the Bum Phillips era, I'll never support the Donkeys.:mug:

Im still not too impressed by the saints. Who have the beat? The giants? The same giants that got whooped up on by the team that lost to Oakland?

Im still not too impressed by the saints. Who have the beat? The giants? The same giants that got whooped up on by the team that lost to Oakland?

Who have they beat?? Everyone they have played this year. We're at the top of the NFC. You must support AFC with your above statement. And just because a team has never been to the superbowl in their history (1967) dosent' mean that one year they finally get their act together and put together a superbowl team.

And before you go there, it's not the Saints fault they now have a fairly easy rest of the season. It's not their fault the other teams they have left to play are doing absoutly terribad.

My upcoming two games of concern for the rest of the season are only the Pats and the Cowboys. Those will be good games

Back