Honey Source

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Decojuicer

Reaction score
A friend sent me this a while back. I have not used any of their product, but it looks like a pretty decent deal. Sixty pounds of honey for under $140, including shipping.

https://www.dutchgoldhoney.com/store/dept.asp?dept_id=6

I have dealt with Laney Honey in the past, and I really like their product.

By the way, I don't work for either of these companies, nor do I have any affiliation with them. Just trying to help some folks out.

good price. We get em for $100 locally, but it's through a research apiary not a for profit.

Local honey from the Bee Farm down the road (I just like saying "bee farm", it brings to mind images of a farmer milking bees) costs $26 (Canadian) for the 12 pound jar. This is the largest jar he has on his shelves, though if you can find him, he'll probably fill a larger bucket for you.

I say "if you can find him" because he runs the shop on the honor system, unmanned. He has a money bucket, and when you make your choices, you add up the prices (all prices are with taxes included, normally prices do not include taxes in Canada) and put the money in the bucket, making your own change if you have to.

I asked him about this one time, as it seems hopelessly naive. Apparently his wife or daughter (the shop is attached to his house) checks the money bucket every hour, and empties it of all but enough change to break a twenty. In the 25 years he's been running it that way, he says money's only gone missing once, and it was a matter of a few bucks.

I love his honey, too. It's somewhat dark, depending on season (spring, it's apple blossom honey, mostly. Any other time of the year, who knows). It makes for a great final color when mixed with the local apple cider (also dark, it's unfiltered and unpasteurized).

Has anyone been to the Dutch Gold store? I keep meaning to go by there, but it hasn't been convenient for me so far. I don't live very far away and I have relatives in the immediate area of Dutch Gold.

I say "if you can find him" because he runs the shop on the honor system, unmanned.

Wow, that is truly amazing with this society now days. I'm still somewhat young but I can still remember when people still had some honor, I'm glad it still works somewhere. :mug:

Not to mention, I would love to be able to get some great honey that did not cost an arm and my first born.

Has anyone been to the Dutch Gold store?

I haven't gone to the store but when i did my research on through that honey seeking search engine (don't remember the name) they had the best rate with shipping for me. I ordered a 5 gallon bucket of orange blossom and it got to me in like 2 days which was pretty cool.
A lot of people around here use the Dutch Gold

Well, for those in Denver area, I get my honey from Madhava's. I just brought in a sample or two and they got me their wholesale rates. Under $72.00 for a 42 pound bucket. That's like $1.70 a pound. They are in Lyons, which is between bolder and Longmont, going the back way to Boulder, basically west of Longmont.

They have, Alfalfa, Wildflower, and Clove.

Back