Any Homebrew Clubs in Central Illinois?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buildingmotive

Reaction score
I recently started brewing and am in Decatur, although I rarely admit that in public. I'm set up for all grain brewing and have tried a few so far.

Any other brewers in the area that get together? I'm looking for an opportunity for some hands on learning since everything I've done so far is the result of internet searches, or just getting a brew on with anyone else in the area.

Wow, that sounded way to much like a Craigslist personal ad!

There is BUZZ in Champaign and ABNORMAL in Bloomington/Normal that I know folks from and are good clubs. You can check out the full list at the AHA website at http://www.homebrewersassociation.org/pages/directories/find-a-club I see there are two clubs listed in Decatur, but I'm not familiar with them. Hooking up with a club is great fun, in my experience. Good luck!

I am from Mahomet. Just outside champaign. I am a Novice Home Brewer but am also looking to find a group of home brewers in the area. I joined the strange home brewers of Champaign Urbana group on Meetup.com but it can be kind of awkward to join a group of 30 people you don't know all at one time.

Congrats and welcome!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Home Brew mobile app

Welcome! I brew about twice a month now, and maybe more as I'm stocking up for the summer. It would be nice to have a small get together for a brew day. If either of you are interested shoot me a PM.

There's a group that meets in Decatur once a month that isn't too bad. Usually about 8-12 people there.

That sounds pretty cool

Sent from my SM-N900V using Home Brew mobile app

Still active. We are filling a 55 gallon barrel this weekend with various stouts that individual members made. We normally meet at McGorray's at 7:00 on the second Tuesday of the month.

Brewer here in Mattoon. We've got a small club. Tell your friends!

Hey there.. I'm in the ABNormal Brewers. It's a fun club, but maybe a bit far for you since you're in Decatur and we're in B/N. Either way, we meet on the 2nd Monday of the month at Fat Jack's downtown if you're ever in the area and want to stop by! There's a few groups of us that brew together fairly often too. Wouldn't turn down another!

According to AHA website, there is apparently a club in Peoria. I emailed to see how active they are. I guess I will see when I get a response. If not, B/N isn't a long drive so I may consider ABNormal. I'm getting out of the NAvy and heading back home in the next couple of months and looking for an active brew club.

Back