Cupcake riesling clone? But not a riesling...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sonofgrok

n00basaurus
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
My wife made me promise to make her a riesling. The one she apparently likes is "cupcake" I guess (Yeah I know... she must have cheap tastes but oh well). Thing is, I don't seem to have access to any riesling grapes or juice. Heck, the LHBS doesn't even have a riesling kit.

Anyone have any ideas of something I could whip up? Preferably with montrachet or ec1118 as I am drowning in extra yeast from those strains lol. I was thinking a sweet chardonnay of some kind. I am a red guy so not too up on flavors in whites...

That's what I was afraid of. My understanding of the style is that it gets all of its characteristics from the grapes. *sigh*

Thanks doc

All wines get their characteristics from the grapes they are made of.

A wines "name" is chosen because of the grape that was used to make it.

Where is Cupcake from? Riesling takes on a lot of distinct character from the location its grown. To get close to this particular brand, I suggest looking into where the vineyard is, then get a kit/juice from the same region. Hope this helps! :)

i am fairly certain midwest supplies has riesling kits. you will have to pay to ship of course

Back