Whipping Skeeter Pee

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henrybeggs

Reaction score
According to Lon's recipe, there a number of steps throughout that call for whipping the must. How exactly would you guys do this? I gave it some rough stirs with my plastic spoon but am at a loss. Is that whipping?

The point, in the early parts of the recipe, is to introduce oxygen and keep the yeast multiplying. You can use a spoon, just get a good whirlpool going, or buy (or build) a drill attachment like this.

Cody

CGish said:
The point, in the early parts of the recipe, is to introduce oxygen and keep the yeast multiplying. You can use a spoon, just get a good whirlpool going, or buy (or build) a drill attachment like this.

Cody

All right, thanks.

Before I bought my drill attachment (which I justified due to neck surgery and nerve damage in both arms) I just took a long handled whisk or slotted spoon and stirred, stirred, stirred until I created a whirlpool...then I reversed directions and created a new whirlpool...then I was done. My Skeeter Pee turned out just fine.

There was a thread not too long ago about making a quick cheap degasser/ aerator by cutting up a plastic clothes hanger.

I'd love to see that, any chance you could provide a link? I couldn't find it :confused:

Just cut the bottom of a plastic coat hanger, one end on the flat bottom and the other end up around the corner so it forms a hook. Stick the straight end in the drill chuck and the hook end goes in the liquid.

Back