Ideas for stuffing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gratus fermentatio

Reaction score
I'm wanting to try some new things on the grill this summer & one of those things is stuffed squid. Anybody here ever grill and/or stuff squid? I'm thinking chopped tentacles, crimini & morel mushrooms, shrimp, spinach or mustard greens, shallots, and of course a few herbs/spices. I'm thinking this stuffing might need a sort of "binding agent" like rice or bread crumbs & was wondering what you folkes thought of the idea. So, any squid stuffers/grillers have any ideas? Let's hear 'em. Regards, GF.

i don't know how much this applies to stuffing a squid, but i did this a few years ago to accompany a cajun turkey-take the pre-breaded popcorn shrimp, mix it up with some diced peppers, onions and garlic.
it turned out pretty good. considering i normally hate stuffing and shrimp.

My wife likes to stuff her squid with meat.

;)

With that being said the Filipino way is to stuff with ground beef, potatoes and various seasonings. Nothing too fancy...

My wife likes to stuff her squid with meat.

;)

With that being said the Filipino way is to stuff with ground beef, potatoes and various seasonings. Nothing too fancy...

LOL I just about spit coffee all over my keyboard! :ban:
Good idea on those potatoes, I hadn't thought of that. Taters would go well with the mushrooms. Thanx! Regards, GF.

One of my old employers was from Cuba and she would stuff squid with the chopped tentacles and shrimp and rice with garlic, celery, and other herbs which I still don't know the name of, but make sure not to stuff the too full as they will swell and split when cooked and she then would put a mopping sauce of tomato and chilies on it while it cooked.

Ended up going with a wild rice/jasmine rice mix with the chopped tentacles, morel & crimini mushrooms, chopped shrimp, chopped black kale, chopped green onions, with herbs & spices. I tried to use a bit of dark sesame oil to help bind everything together, but it didn't seem to do much in the binding dept. It did add a very nice flavour though & I've decided that squid & dark sesame go together very well. Thanks for all the input! Regards, GF.

Latest posts

Back