Thoughts on double Zombie Dust grain bill...then change up hops and yeast?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jnr1005

Reaction score
So I want to try to brew 2 beers at once...main focus is for zombie dust. Grain bill as follows:

(Makes 6 gallons)

11.75 lb 2 row
1.13 lb munich malt -10L
0.50 lb Carafoam
0.50 lb Caramel/Crystal Malt - 60L
0.50 lb Melanoiden Malt

I was thinking about doubling the above.... to make 12 gallons, stir and equally split the wort into two pots.

Pot 1: Zombie dust clone hops (citra, citra, citra...)

Pot 2: Aim for something like the Mojave Red recipe...
60 min: 1 oz Palisades
20 min:0.5 oz Sterling
10 min: 0.5 oz Willamette

Yeast US-05

Dry hop Cascade.

So anyone see any issues with the above grain bill and the 2nd beer idea? I realize the grain bill is different from the origional recipe, but I thought I would try this unless someone says "Hell no!"

Ultimatly trying to avoid having to brew 2 completly different times, and be able to double dip...like parti gyle but without a low and high beer....

Title had me thinking this was going to be an Imperial Zombie Dust recipe. Can you imagine?

That would be amazing...but no, we just wanted to save brew time.. We tried it, now we just have to see how it turns out. We were able to do 3 AG beers yeasterday vs. 2 like we usually do.

I don't see why this wouldn't work well..
Personally I find your hop-bill of pot to be slightly insignificant and you may find it a tad boring compared to the ZombieDust clone.. (but this is entirely a matter of personal preferences)

Back