Has anyone ordered from Grogtag.com?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taypo

Reaction score
I know one of the owners used to be around here.

AHS is linking them with a 10% off code, was contemplating giving it a shot. A little pricey, but if they're re-usable we could use them for the house beers that are in constant rotation.

I'd love to know how these work too. Seem like good reputation, but how many uses can you really get out of them for the rotation of beer bottles and brew batches?

Thanks,
Lorne

I've used them. They're great. A little expensive, but the labels arrived in two days, they looked fantastic, and they were very easy to peel off bottles. I've since started printing my own using a nice color laser printer at work and some polyester waterproof label paper I found off ebay, but I recommend them to anyone who asks.

Thanks for the reply.

What labels did you find on ebay? Are they reusable and residue free? Also do they come off in an icechest?

Thanks,
Lorne

These are the ones I bought (I got the 50 pack).
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Waterproof-...132?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ebcf10aac
You can print 4 labels to a page, and I use a cutter to cut them out. They are not reusable (would have been nice if they are, but it wasn't a dealbreaker for me), they're residue free when I let the bottle warm up with some hot water inside, and I have not had any issues with the labels coming off, though I haven't put them in an ice chest.

Hrmmmm...not reusable is tough. I think that is a deal breaker for me. Now I'm leaning back towards Grogtag.

My idea is to have a short long label that is the same on every bottle and use a dry erase crayon to write the brew name, batch #, alcohol content, and Born date. I could get 2 or 3 out of one grogtag label and just cut them when I receive them.

Then when it's empty I reuse it and start over.

We'll see.

Thanks,
Lorne

The issue I found with the grogtag labels was that when I peeled them off, they came off clean, and they were totally reusable, but the peeling DID put some extra wear and tear on the image printed on the label. You may be able to get around that by filling the bottle with hot water and peeling up just a tiny part of the corner, I'd guess.
Still, overall, I totally recommend them.

Grogtag's labels do use an adhesive. You can get a few uses out of them if you are careful but I would not really classify them as reusable since the adhesive will wear out in time.

The site offering true reusable labels is www.BeerClings.com. They do not have any adhesive and you can reuse them as many times as you want. They also issued a newsletter last week stating that they will be able to accept custom labels in the next few months. I am looking forward to that.

I use Grogtag often. The labels are high quality looking and work well when they are tossed into a cooler full of ice water. But the only downside to them is that they are super expensive.

I'll agree with everything above. When I bottle, Grog Tags add a nice finishing touch. Great quality, cool graphics and easily reusable. Only drawback is cost.

I'm curious to hear some reviews of grogtags. My biggest issue preventing me from ordering them is that they aren't generic enough unless you do some labels that are completely your own design, and I'm not artistic enough to do that.

And I haven't settled on a "house brew" that I brew consistently.

I'm curious to hear some reviews of grogtags. My biggest issue preventing me from ordering them is that they aren't generic enough unless you do some labels that are completely your own design, and I'm not artistic enough to do that.

And I haven't settled on a "house brew" that I brew consistently.

We'd love for you to have a look at our site www.beerclings.com. We have some pretty generic stuff. We also have a design studio with lots of art if you want to piece something together. I think we are about half the price of team grog, and ship a little cheaper. Let us know if you have any questions.

Here is my custom Grog tag label. I really like them but they were quite expensive. Unless you warm the bottle they are easy to damage when removing. I left one on and soaked it in Starsan and it damaged the image. I have been leaving them in place. I rinse the bottles with hot water after serving the beer and use a funnel to put Starsan in the bottle, a brief shake and a dip of the mouth of the bottle before filling. Months later they still look good.

IMAG0183.jpg

Latest posts

Back