Just wanted to positively vent about this week!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

98EXL

Reaction score
So here is how my week has ended up...drinking Stone IPA's in the office....but let me tell you how great it has been up until this point!

Hop rhizomes came in
Copper for CFC came in
5 free Blu-Ray movies came in from rebate with PS3
SWMBO and I decided we needed another honeymoon period
I got to do some much needed modding to my POS Dodge Caliber (work car) and her IS300
We are ditching a big PITA customer of ours at the office
I got to play hooky on the first awesome day of spring and spend it with SWMBO
I built 2 bonfires for 'Hop Alley' so I had some ash to till in
Did I mention I'm having a cold one in the office
The one class I'm taking this semester I have a 99.8% in
And I'll have so much more brewing equipment come Sunday

I'd say it hasn't been a bad week at all?

Anyone else having a ****ing kick ass week?

Sounds like a great week!

Mine wasn't as great as yours, but I work from home on Fridays, so the week always ends great!

(I'm also currently drinking Stone IPA, but it's AHS's clone. Good stuff!)

Having a kick ass week??? NO, not really...but it's about to get a lot better! I brought in some home brew to work and will be sharing after lunch...and after work I'll be brewing up an American Wheat. Life is looking up!!!

:mug:

and did I mention that I also am picking up a keg this weekend? Peanut butter keggle time!

and I forgot to add I'm getting one of those silly checks from the Economic Boost things from the IRS too!

98EXL said:
and I forgot to add I'm getting one of those silly checks from the Economic Boost things from the IRS too!

You're welcome! It's from US Taxpayers, the IRS is merely facilitating the transfer from my wallet to yours. :D

Please spend it on good brew & brew making ingredients & equipment. Support your LHBS!

EdWort said:
You're welcome! It's from US Taxpayers, the IRS is merely facilitating the transfer from my wallet to yours. :D

Please spend it on good brew & brew making ingredients & equipment. Support your LHBS!

Yeah, spend our tax $(and yours) on some nice homebrew gear!

The SWMBO and I are going to split our check down the middle. We already discussed that the only patriotic thing to do is to spend this money on American-made, locally-sold(if possible) consumer goods. In adherence to that guideline, I plan on picking up two reconditioned Corny's, a 5lb CO2, and some tap hardware from the LHBS. Now if only they would just buy a Sanyo 4912 and do all the mod work for me....

EDIT: Oh yah...and a lifetime membership to HBT!!! ;)

Forget the check, its your own dang money. At the end of the year, if you have a decent income you are just going to owe it back. (

EdWort said:

Yeah, when I stop paying taxes but still get money back, you can call it yours.;)

Do me a favor. Shave some of that awesome off, put it an box and mail it to me. :)

Glad to hear it was a good one!

So the update on the awesome week last week....

This weekend I picked up 2 kegs, one for keggle conversion, and the other for HLT conversion (looks like that sculpture is coming sooner than I thought)

I tilled plenty of space for my hops and for the vegetable garden, and SWMBO and I got all of our seeds ready, going to start germinating them tonight.

This morning I wake up to a nice gentle rain outside....that is going to help re-compact what I tilled yesterday, so it ended up being a great weekend

man, i went to bed last night with a horrible pain in my stomach and ended up awake every hour with the worst case of diarrhea i've ever had in my life.

i honestly didn't know one's body could hold so much... :(

Back