GOOD on Netflix STREAMING?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"becomes" so hot, like she gets hotter as the movie progresses? Sounds like alcohol was involved my friend ;)

Nah, watch it. She starts out 1945ish school marm and gets to modern day USA. Make-up and hair make a million dollar difference on that chick.

I just watched Butter yesterday and have been watching The West by Ken Burns today.

Butter was great, Olivia Wilde was awesome and I surprisingly liked Jennifer Garner.

I just watched the first 5 mins of Iron Sky.......Definitely my kinda movie!! Will watch after SWMBO goes nighties! :D Tip appreciated.

I just watched the first 5 mins of Iron Sky.......Definitely my kinda movie!! Will watch after SWMBO goes nighties! :D Tip appreciated.

Believe it or not, that movie starts out promising, and ends up better than you could have hoped. Keep it in perspective, it aint Tucker and Dale, but it is an instant must-see classic.

No problem, it is.....what the smurf???

You are a mod too????

It's like some sort of zombie infestation. "Don't get bit! you'll go MOD......"

;)

Careful, Buddy...

watching-you-smiley-emoticon.gif

I''m watching you.

Oh yes, I forgot. Congrats on the modship, Homer. I promise to try and keep you busy. :)

Thanks, LGI, but you know I could never ban you. I'll have to ask Tx about setting up a "Psyche Ward" though.

Back on topic. Also watched a bit of "Sex Galaxy" last night on Netflix.

Some guys took a bunch of old "open source" footage and pieced it all together with really bad overdubs to make a kind of movie. It's CHEAP, CHEESY, and because of the amount of vintage stripper footage, surprisingly watchable!

The only part I haven't liked to so far was the scene showing a guy getting treatments for VD.

I find myself sheepish to give props to......TERMINATOR 2.

I give it high marks for style and premise.

It is before Arnold had revealed that he is a total ******, and the premise of the ultimate evil from the first movie, being the saviour in the second is less common and obvious than you might think.

There is something about sequels to successful movies that makes them an uphill battle. This one is awesome.

Just watched Everything Must Go with Will Ferrell, depressing as hell, but a good movie overall.

Wow, I could only take about 45 minutes of that. It was about 40 minutes more than I should have watched.

T2's up now? Holla! I watched T1 a few weeks ago. I'm all over that.

Man I am loving it!!!

From the opening scene where ahnold walks into the bar naked, takes the clothes the bike and the shades....lol Not a fan of naked ahnold, but a very cool scene. Thoroughgood "bad to the bone" almost over the top, but not quite.

Sarah Conner might be badder than he is.

I know everyone else already knows it, but Death Race 2000. It's something I've managed to not see for one reason or another since it was released in 1974. I had never known that this was the masterpiece of films so truly awful that it is great.... Line of the movie? "It's a hand grenade." :D

Managed not to watch deathrace also! Hmmmmm.....might need to. Will try!

Don't just try, you MUST see this movie...Check out the painted background at the start of the movie, then watch in glee as they animate it with a monorail train a few minutes later......Honestly, it's just so awesome/bad/awesome.

It really is a MUST watch.

Edit: seriously, I watched the credits at the end, just to see if they gave any credit to Whacky Races! (True story)

By the way, it has tits. Now you HAVE to watch it? ;)

I got Death Race 2000 from Netflix before when they were just sending stuff in the mail, but the DVD they sent me was scratched and I couldn't play it. I ended up sort of forgetting about watching it and never did get around to getting one that worked.

Streaming is WHERE IT'S AT!!!!

For those with Roku:

Crackle and Midnight Pulp are both free and good (not nearly as good as NEtflix, but for free, who is counting?)

Someone mention Boobies?

Best Cheerleader Camp (or something like that;)) Just watch the opening credits. The rest of the movie absolutely sucks.

Deathrace 2000 was so bad, it was good. Does that make sense? Lol, it really is worth watching. It has a couple of young big names, too (Silvester Stallone). Plus, boobies. And, if I remember, maybe some quick flashes of 70's disco bush...

I know everyone else already knows it, but Death Race 2000. It's something I've managed to not see for one reason or another since it was released in 1974. I had never known that this was the masterpiece of films so truly awful that it is great.... Line of the movie? "It's a hand grenade." :D

Dear god, can I have my mid afternoon back?!??!??!?

"Ladies and gentlemen! Mr and Mrs Frankenstein president!"

Why the eff didn't the contenders just shoot each other from the word go? SO EFFING stupid!!!!!

Why the hell did they go so fast when the points came from kills and everybody stops at the same place for dinner and dancing? RETARDED.

It had the worst soundtrack ever. People fighting? Happy music. Fast cars? Random ridiculous synthesizer sounds. I wish I could unwatch it!

Looks like House of Cards is a new arrival. Any reviews on that show? Kevin Spacey is an excellent bad guy...

Not sure if this is on Netflix, but I'm loving the Spartacus series on Starz which began in 2010...

Spartacus: Blood & Sand (Season 1)
Spartacus: Gods of the Arena (Prequel - Season 2 I suppose)
Spartacus: Vengeance (Season 3)
Spartacus: War of the Damned (Season 4 - now playing on tv)

The lead role in Blood & Sand died from non-hodgkins lymphoma after the first season. Starz hired another equally talented actor to fill that spot. It's a great show for sure. Lots of eloquent speech, gore, gladiator fights, sex, drama, and overall entertainment. Plus, you get to see naked Lucy Lawless (Xena).

They have the newest Mission Impossible up and I might have to check it out. Anyone see it?

Something worth watching is The Tetris Masters. A documentary about one of the greatest video games ever and I thought it was great. It isn't on Netflix, but you can watch it on regular Hulu so it's free (with the occasional ads).

VIGILANTE VIGILANTE was an interesting film about graffiti and several people who range from reasonable to absolutely psychotic in battling graffiti.

Looks like House of Cards is a new arrival. Any reviews on that show? Kevin Spacey is an excellent bad guy...

The original series is on Netflix also. It might be a bit dated now, but was very good at the time. I'm guessing this new version will be good too. I'll definitely be watching it.

Otaku is not worth anyone's time. It follows the Japanese "Otaku" personalities and it a terrible French documentary.

I watched all of it, not sure why.

Back