GE 7cf Chest Freezer/keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tshinefield

Reaction score
As a newbie to the world of Keezer's, I was wondering if anyone has had luck with converting this GE 7 cf freezer? For the price it would appear to be a good platform for a small Keezer's project.

image-2956899516.jpg

I can't tell how wide it is but in my 7 footer I can fit 3 easily, and 4 with one on the hump after building a collar.

It seems to be a good deal, I paid $199 for mine from hhgregg and that was the cheapest I found at that time.

Buy 2. I think that freezer normally lists for over $200. Home Depot just had it on sale for $158 + free shipping but that price is too good to pass up.

Wow...going to check my Wal Mart. I'll take 2!!!

Update: Not available in my Wal Mart...I can't even touch that price with a much smaller unit. Great deal!!

Get two.
They are so easy to add a collar allowing taps or gas line holes.

EGOTIST: A person of low taste, more interested in himself than me.

I bought this exact freezer on black friday, can easily fit 3 kegs. While I'm fermenting I can easily fit 2 carboys. Good freezer so far

Definitely buy it... I'm getting ready to start the write-up for my build using this exact freezer... I paid $100 for mine USED and thought I got a good deal... Home Depot here in my neck of the woods has it for $229. You can squeeze 4 ball lock cornies on the floor and a 5th on the hump it you put an 8" collar...

Procrastinating pays off yet again!!! On Jan 5th Wallymart wanted $139 for this GE 7.0 cf freezer. I held out, against better judgement and advise from you all. Today I was surprised to visit the same store and found they still had two freezers but at a lower price of $119.

Yes this time I bought one. Thought about getting both. Still one or more left if your in the N. Denver Colorado area and need a Keezer project.

image-1508602570.jpg

Anybody have any luck finding these for this price at their local Wally World or is this an anomaly?

EDIT: And buy these both immediately!!!

Mine was a bit more expensive, but yes I have converted it with a controller from my LHBS. I fit 4 kegs (Pepsi kegs) but CAN fit 2pepsi and 2coke kegs but its tight. I carbonate with a large co2 bottle and maintain pressure with a small one that fits inside the keezer.

Back