Help with redesign

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adeering

Reaction score
So working on a non brewing related project but seeing as we have a great community here that might be able to help solve a problem im having.

Im trying to find a way to electrically (will be powered by an arduino) start and stop the flow of liquid in a series of tubes. My current idea while clean and will work is a little costly at $10+ per tube. Im currently planning to use solenoids to pinch and unpinch the tubes. And planning on having up to 16 tubes that i need to control.

The tubes will be silicone tubes 3/16" ID and 5/16" OD and will need to hold minimal pressure.

Any Ideas

Why not use the selonoids to open and close ball valves as needed. That way you wouldn't have to worry about the tubing withstanding the pressure of the pinched line. I'm no engineer but if you already had the selonoids I would think that would be an easier way to go. Just my .02

I dont have the solenoids, im trying to think of a cheaper way to control the valves. My current idea is to use solenoids but I havent implemented it yet, still in the design phase

Back