Show us your sculpture or brew rig

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ja ja mag ich andersen spielen, die deutsch sind. Sind Versuchen Sie diese alten sayings:

Bemannen sie, wem lang Abnutzung des Aufenthalts zu heraus BergruBen.

Er,den nicht gekommen nicht, benotigen Sie um nach Hause gehen sich zu sorgen.

To not totally run off with the OP i'll stop playing around, I was just wondering who would respond. Got Green.

Said above; I like play with others with being German.

Old German sayings from dad:

Man who stays too long wears out welcome.

Or this: He who not come not worry about going home.

MODS! Could we make this a sticky? There's a couple of rigs in here that at least I would like to use as motivation for my future rig and a sticky would help prevent me from having to dig this thread out. Thanks!

MODS! Could we make this a sticky? There's a couple of rigs in here that at least I would like to use as motivation for my future rig and a sticky would help prevent me from having to dig this thread out. Thanks!

Firefox added a new feature about 30 years ago called a bookmark. Its integrated right into your browser :p

attachment.php

Here's my first stab at a brewstand. It's just sort of a temporary setup to cheaply satisfy my urge to build a proper one. I made it out of two $20 shelving units and about $10 worth of plywood for the top. I zip-tied it to the deck railing and as a result it's stiff and stable enough to work pretty well. The wood top insulates the metal frame from heat; the frame feels ice cold even right below the burner.

Unfortunately, it doesn't have casters, so it's pretty much immobile, but I figure I can just throw a tarp over it when it's not in use and bring the kettle, burner, propane tanks and MLT indoors for storage/cleaning. All of this is up on my deck which has no outdoor stairs leading to it, so I doubt I need to worry about the frame or my CFC being stolen.

2009-12-28 brewstand.jpg

Running wort through the chiller now. Other than a somewhat stuck sparge, this brew session went really smoothly.

All of this is up on my deck which has no outdoor stairs leading to it, so I doubt I need to worry about the frame or my CFC being stolen.

Please keep in mind that freezing temperatures can damage your chiller if there is water still inside of it. If you are storing outside, you want to drain well. Otherwise bring it inside.

Its amazing the difference a simple stand like that can make on brew day. I have a small cart I got from work on wheels That works great. Not as much of a stand as yours even Reese, but something consistent makes a brew day go smooth :)

Please keep in mind that freezing temperatures can damage your chiller if there is water still inside of it. If you are storing outside, you want to drain well. Otherwise bring it inside.
Yeah, I was just thinking that as I woke up this morning and looked outside to see frost covering my lawn. I think I have it oriented in such a way that it drains all but an ounce or two of water out of both the coil and the hose. I suppose I'll have to go check it out after it thaws later today.

An idea just struck me: after the post-brew CFC rinse-and-drain, a bit of compressed air could probably be used to blow out the last bits of moisture pretty effectively. I don't have a compressor, but those cans of compressed air they sell for cleaning computers would probably last for a few uses.

I got this stand a few days ago at a local restaurant supply warehouse. I had to do a little drilling to shift the shelves around, but otherwise it's stock. The guy at the warehouse said it was some kind of retail electronics rack or something. I just thought it would work well as a beer stand.

BeerRig.jpg

An idea just struck me: after the post-brew CFC rinse-and-drain, a bit of compressed air could probably be used to blow out the last bits of moisture pretty effectively. I don't have a compressor, but those cans of compressed air they sell for cleaning computers would probably last for a few uses.

If I get motivated enough, I'll make a quick connect hose to go from my CO2 cylinder to the IC to blow it out. Same idea, but homebrewers always seem to have CO2 laying around :)

If I get motivated enough, I'll make a quick connect hose to go from my CO2 cylinder to the IC to blow it out. Same idea, but homebrewers always seem to have CO2 laying around :)

Off topic I know but,
I wonder about the pressure. Compressed air will give a solid blast.

I suppose a straight bottle hit would do the trick. Be carefull of freezing and don't drown yourself.

She may burn down, but wont fly away in a hurry :)

tower2.jpg

That's similar to the one I just built. Mine is just two tier. I have another freestanding burner. I'm going to be firing the burners up for the first time tomorrow. I'll take pics and post them here.

Are your uprights 4x4s? Mine are 2x4s, except for the top tier platform. I used 2x6 because I wanted it open underneath the top burner.

That's similar to the one I just built. Mine is just two tier. I have another freestanding burner. I'm going to be firing the burners up for the first time tomorrow. I'll take pics and post them here.

Are your uprights 4x4s? Mine are 2x4s, except for the top tier platform. I used 2x6 because I wanted it open underneath the top burner.

Yes the uprights are 4x4 - with hindsight, something smaller could have been used. It's solid though :cross:

Will be interested to see pics after you fire your's up, metaphorically not literally.

Great minds think alike.

BTW, thirsty, what do you have under your burner? I have two pieces of 2x6, and even though the inside edges are not directly under the burner, they got too hot to touch. No sign of burning, but I'm definitely gonna stand by and watch when the burner is on.

Single Tier Build. It is powered by natural gas. I wanted to continue batch sparging so I only set it up with two burners. I can add the third whenever I want.

Back