• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: Sankes in the SF Bay Area

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 40839

Reaction score
I've shot some emails out to the local breweries (Lagunitas, Marin Brewco, Iron Springs, Moylans, and Anchor Steam) in the hopes of snagging a couple of kegs to convert to keggles, but no responses yet. A scan of Craigslist showed a few for sale, but all outrageously priced ($100 on average) and ethically questionable. (One ad I spotted actually said "I make a couple bucks, you save me the trouble of returning my keg to BevMo, you get a keg, win win"!!)

If any fellow Bay Area brewers spot decommissioned kegs for sale for the going rate (checked Craigslist in Seattle and Denver, found tons of 'em for $30-$40 each... sound about right?) or have some you'd like to part with, lemme know?

You willing to come down to Fremont? We have a couple "problem" kegs that will need gaskets n such replaced to be put back into production. So far we haven't decided if we're going to fix them or not. How many do you need?

I see them all the time on craigslist for $40 or so. Usually about 1 every 3 weeks or so. Keep checking and I'm sure one will come up soon.

You willing to come down to Fremont? We have a couple "problem" kegs that will need gaskets n such replaced to be put back into production. So far we haven't decided if we're going to fix them or not. How many do you need?
Two for sure, for a HLT and boil kettle. Haven't decided if I want to go the whole hog and do a keggle MLT, or just stick with my Igloo Ice Cube (which does the job nicely, in fairness!)

As for Fremont?! Ooof! But for keggy goodness, I could make the trip! (Probably not until after the 18th tho, since I am ab-so-lute-ly slammed at work - don't even have time to brew! :() How much you want for them?

mrtrav,

Do you happen to have any more kegs? I will get in line behind ubermick.

ubermick,

I won't snake the kegs from Fremont from you but, if you don't want them please post or PM me so I can go after them. I'm looking for two.

Thanks!

We actually have 6 that are problematic, so no worries about snaking them from anyone :). I will talk with the guys here so we can make a final decision about fixing or selling. I just recently cleaned the **** out of the insides with our keg cleaner, so you'll be set there :)

Travis, I also DEMAND that you clean the outside, polish them, remove the tops, drill the fittings holes in each, install a sightglass/thermometer and ball valves (Blichmann, none of this cheapo stuff, mind!). And... um... fill each of them with cash. Yeah, cash!

(Or... I could just come down, pass on however much, snag 'em, and do the work myself. Either way. Whatever's easiest! :cross:)

Well, ubermick, I was going to plate it with platinum and fill it with solid gold, but if you just want me to throw in a couple of $1's that's fine too :p

Im in fremont and would definitely take two of those sankes of your hands! Im on Kaiser Drive by the bridge.

Will send a PM as well!

Cheers

Lucas

Well, ubermick, I was going to plate it with platinum and fill it with solid gold, but if you just want me to throw in a couple of $1's that's fine too :p
*shakes fist*

Damn you, Traviiiiiiiiiiiiis!!!!

Ok, looks like one of the 6 has been repaired, and another is being worked on. So I have at least 4 available. Uber, do you want 2 or 3?

I'll take two, Travis - if that's cool - since Jim was looking for two as well. I can even swing down today to pick 'em up, given that a meeting just got cancelled. How much?

$40 is fine with me, especially since you cleaned 'em out already, and I don't have to worry about year old beer shooting me in the face. I can be down there around 2:00pm?

Drunk message? Nice one! Haven't gotten one of those since my single days!! :)

jvastola,

The brewmaster nor I are in on the weekends, but I can try to take them home tonight or meet you tomorrow at the brewery. What time are you thinking?

I think that's why he was saying to clear out yer inbox, lucas!

Mine are safely home, after a five hour ordeal from Marin to Fremont and back - via Palo Alto, since 880 was an absolute nightmare going west. God I need a drink.

*cracks open a stout*

Thanks again Travis (Just sent you a PMs...)

For a "problem keg," mine seemed to be in perfect shape. Regardless, its getting converted into a keggle in the next few weeks!

Thanks Travis

Lucas

I regret not getting a third now, since there are extras, since a sanke fermenter sounds a lot more doable than a conical (and more convenient than splitting into carboys and dealing with those) but I ain't going through that drive again, any time soon!!! ;)

For a "problem keg," mine seemed to be in perfect shape. Regardless, its getting converted into a keggle in the next few weeks!

Thanks Travis

Lucas

Like I said, the "problem" is with the gasket and spear, which is completely unnecessary for keggle conversions. :) Enjoy

When I got to Jacks, there were two still available, so I got the pick the better looking one (beauty is in the eye of the beholder) and I plan on doing a full blown sightglass/thermometer/polish to the keggle.

Cheers

Lucas

When I got to Jacks, there were two still available, so I got the pick the better looking one (beauty is in the eye of the beholder) and I plan on doing a full blown sightglass/thermometer/polish to the keggle.

Cheers

Lucas

Good man. Mine are nicely sanded down, need to hit them again with some finer grit (keeping them brushed, don't want the blingy shiny version), I just need to get my @#$# angle grinder to get the tops off, fittings are already here... oh, and some free time'd be nice too...

Latest posts

Back