Pig Roast, Sat. July 25th 2009, State College, PA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pjj2ba

Look under the recliner
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Sat. July 25th, 2 PM - ????.

It's our tenth year and 3rd year for homebrew only. Our normal routine is we provide the pig and beer (and soft drinks) and ask people do bring a side dish/dessert to pass. Homebrew of course is welcome and we can do some tasting.

I will have 4 beers on tap in the Pig Roast Beer cart: A Kolsch, an Alt, a Wheat or maybe a Saison, and a Light Lager (Orange Kitty Zoom - which just took 1st place for a light lager at the NE Regional of the NHC)

I'll have more on tap in the basement bar, mostly a bunch of various lagers and I do have two experimental ales that will be old enough by then, maybe some more.

Depending on who shows up, we might have a jam session - likely jazz oriented.

If I get myself organized, I might even do a brew (AG) starting early enough to finish by 2 PM.

PM me for more details

Sat. July 25th, 2 PM - ????.

It's our tenth year and 3rd year for homebrew only. Our normal routine is we provide the pig and beer (and soft drinks) and ask people do bring a side dish/dessert to pass. Homebrew of course is welcome and we can do some tasting.

I will have 4 beers on tap in the Pig Roast Beer cart: A Kolsch, an Alt, a Wheat or maybe a Saison, and a Light Lager (Orange Kitty Zoom - which just took 1st place for a light lager at the NE Regional of the NHC)

I'll have more on tap in the basement bar, mostly a bunch of various lagers and I do have two experimental ales that will be old enough by then, maybe some more.

Depending on who shows up, we might have a jam session - likely jazz oriented.

If I get myself organized, I might even do a brew (AG) starting early enough to finish by 2 PM.

PM me for more details
Phil,

Spoke with my wife tonight and as of now, I'll be there and look forward to it. You and your wife will need to attend mine sometime around the beginning of Oct. Congrats on making 2nd rd of Nationals! Have you let Kenny try that one yet?

Excellent! I gave Kenny a bottle of it and some others before I got the results. I haven't had a chance to stop in at Olde NY to talk to Kenny since then. I haven't told him the results yet either. I do need to stop in.

Bumpity.

Going into kegs, the Kolsch and American Lager tasted phenomenal! The Alt tasted odd, not infected, but odd. I did try a new step on this one. If I decide pass on the Alt, I'll serve a Helles in it's place. Last is the German Wheat that recently went in the keg. This was very wheat forward tasting with a hint of clove. Should be great all carbed up, all indications are that it will have a phenominal head. Plus a whole variety available for sampling - see my signature.

Still contemplating an experimental brew (AG in less than 3 hrs) earlier in the day if I get organized well enough.

Bumpity.

Going into kegs, the Kolsch and American Lager tasted phenomenal! The Alt tasted odd, not infected, but odd. I did try a new step on this one. If I decide pass on the Alt, I'll serve a Helles in it's place. Last is the German Wheat that recently went in the keg. This was very wheat forward tasting with a hint of clove. Should be great all carbed up, all indications are that it will have a phenominal head. Plus a whole variety available for sampling - see my signature.

Still contemplating an experimental brew (AG in less than 3 hrs) earlier in the day if I get organized well enough.
Phil,

I was really planning on making your pig roast. I just have too much to get ready to build the new garage. Hope to start the block work this weekend. I'll definately try for next year.

Mike

I know what that's like. Too many things to get done. Let me know next time you are up this way and we can meet at Olde New York, or my place for more sampling.

Keep me posted on another bulk buy. My supply is starting to get low. I'd be in for a good 6 bags at least

I know what that's like. Too many things to get done. Let me know next time you are up this way and we can meet at Olde New York, or my place for more sampling.

Keep me posted on another bulk buy. My supply is starting to get low. I'd be in for a good 6 bags at least
I'll be putting another order together sometime towards the end of Sept beg of Oct, I'll let you know.

How did the pig roast go?

The pig was fabulous this year! Carolyn's dry rub was a hit. We did have a downpour about 1 hr before we served and had to rig up a hasty tarp over the cooker - I broil, the charcoal is exposed on top.

Attendance was down a little due to the weather, but the people who came made up for it and we ate and drank as much as normal. We kicked one corny (the Orange kitty Zoom) and just about finished off the Kolsch and the German Pils (2-3 pts each left). We only managed to drink about 3/4th of the Wheat. We also sampled the beers on tap in the basement bar including another Wheat, the Deep fried Pale ale, a Fresh IPA and a sour beer.

Kenny and Sue made it.

I'm working on a lamb connection and might cook one up this fall, or maybe spring

The pig was fabulous this year! Carolyn's dry rub was a hit. We did have a downpour about 1 hr before we served and had to rig up a hasty tarp over the cooker - I broil, the charcoal is exposed on top.

Attendance was down a little due to the weather, but the people who came made up for it and we ate and drank as much as normal. We kicked one corny (the Orange kitty Zoom) and just about finished off the Kolsch and the German Pils (2-3 pts each left). We only managed to drink about 3/4th of the Wheat. We also sampled the beers on tap in the basement bar including another Wheat, the Deep fried Pale ale, a Fresh IPA and a sour beer.

Kenny and Sue made it.

I'm working on a lamb connection and might cook one up this fall, or maybe spring
Wish I could've made it. Start the block work on my rebuild this Sat. Amish crew is scheduled to build it with me helping starting Aug 20. With the Amish crew the new Pheonix garage and brewery will be mostly finished by Aug 27. I'll be posting pictures here on HBT. With getting the building done, that'll give me more time to head back up to camp again come fall.

Back