So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewing an amber? I guess you'd call it an amber, maybe more like a pale with a dark amber color..and I'm racking my ESB to keg today.

Really REALLY stoked to do my first 10 gallon batch this weekend, APA, 2.5 gallons of which will have juniper and sagebrush added to the secondary. Check out my signature link "Brew of the Sierras!" if you're interested

Brewing 11 gallons of a Bell's two hearted clone tomorrow. Bottled 4 cases of BM's Centennial Blonde tonight. Had it in primary for 3 weeks..., wanted to rack to secondary for a week but I need the carboys for tomorrow. Lost about a gallon so as not to disturb the sediment. Oh well. This last brew was a first for me in many different areas:
-First All Grain batch
-First 11 gallon batch
-First full boil
-First time using my CFC
-First time using my new 3 tier brew stand
-First yeast washing(will use for tomorrow's brew)

I think that's it. I tasted the hydrometer sample...YUMMY!!!
Oh Yeah..., First brew SWMBO actually likes!!!

Brewing 11 gallons of a Bell's two hearted clone tomorrow. Bottled 4 cases of BM's Centennial Blonde tonight. Had it in primary for 3 weeks..., wanted to rack to secondary for a week but I need the carboys for tomorrow. Lost about a gallon so as not to disturb the sediment. Oh well. This last brew was a first for me in many different areas:
-First All Grain batch
-First 11 gallon batch
-First full boil
-First time using my CFC
-First time using my new 3 tier brew stand
-First yeast washing(will use for tomorrow's brew)

I think that's it. I tasted the hydrometer sample...YUMMY!!!
Oh Yeah..., First brew SWMBO actually likes!!!

Wow, congratulations and huzzahs are in order! That is an impressive number of big plunges to take all at once. :mug::mug::mug:

I've got almost all of SWMBO's entire family visiting this weekend, so probably not. Also supposed to be raining.

If my BIL is interested in watching beer boil, I may be able to get away with it.

(I think he's my BIL - wife's sister's husband. That works, right?)

:drunk: Forgot that tomorrow was national homebrew day , did a batch of stout last night.
I try and do my brewing during the week ,so I can relax and drink a few on the weekends.

Brewing my own recipe "Eh, Rye Not". Figured I'd honor NHB day with my own recipe

speaking of which look at the time. 3 minutes late for 1st sparge.

Brewing my first IPA Simcoe and Ahtanum. A little Crystal 40, 80 and Honey malt.
Trying to get down to 3 gallons before I add my first hops addition. 2oz during the boil, 1.3oz dry hop :D

Brewing my first batch in 4 years today. Im going with a respberry wheat today and making a honey ale tomorrow.

I've decided to just drink myself goofy today. Weather bad. Baseball games cancelled. Beer good.

I think I quadruple hopped my latest pale ale, so it must be extra good:mug:

Another pale ale I quadruple Muniched. 4lbs 2-row, 4 lbs Munich, some other stuff. Tastes and smells like a peanut farm:drunk: I now know that too much Munich is hard to do.:tank:

A rare Saturday off means a chance to keg some beer and brew some IIPA.

Kegged: Saison and APA.
Bottled: APA and Sweet Mead.

Brewing: IIPA and a lovely Hefeweizen.
It is raining, but the patio is covered. the air smells fresh and clean accented by the heavenly combination of Malt,Galena, Cascade and Willamette Hops.

And the Hefe -- oh man I cannot wait to get that boil going. It will be incredible.

Just finished a batch of Ed Wort's Stone IPA. I didnt have time to do a full 90 minute boil, but the gravity was close and another AG under my belt. This is the first batch I have racked onto a yeast cake. I made a Ruination IPA last weekend and moved it to the secondary to get at the yeast cake. Activity started in about 30 min!!!

I brewed 10gal of Edwort's Haus Pale Ale today and kegged 10gal of BierMuncher's Centennial Blonde so I could use the nottingham yeast cake.

Definitely a good brew day. Nice weather, good beer and a few too many mint juleps while watching the kentucky derby.

Just brewed 10 G of Rye Pale Ale. Hit the gravity a little higher than planned. Should be good.

Five gallons of "May Wii Hefa Wizen" is on the boil right now. My own partial mash recipe.

Gearing up for some warmer Oregon days....if they'll ever get here!:confused:

Just finished brewing my premium style lager. AG, with pils, 2-row and a little flaked wheat, Saaz and S-23, 1.055 OG.

Cleaned up the mess, it's Miller Time.

NOT.

It's "Hefe Time"!

:rockin:

Brewed 5 gallons of a slightly adjusted BigKahuna's Pirate Ale. I used 7# DME instead of 7.5# LME and used crystal 90. I'm calling it "Rainy Day Rum Beer" cause it was an overall very wet day in the Garden State today.

7lbs Dark DME
½# Roasted Barley grain
3/4# Black Patent Malt
½# Crystal 90 Malt
½# Torified Wheat

1 1/2 oz Northern Boiling Hops

Steeped grains for 30 minutes @ 165-168F, Looked real nice. Coloring was dark with a reddish overtone to it. Boiled for about 75 minutes (was multi-tasking). Pitched Safale US-05 for the first time. Seems to be happy, already starting to form krausen. I will rack onto coconut after about 3 weeks or so.
I'm thinking I'll use Appleton rum, but maybe Sailor Jerry's for a little extra kick. I measured my gravity, but was sidetracked and hadn't mixed in the top off water so it was an inaccurate reading. I'm over it though. All in all a relaxed brew day that was mostly smooth. Up next: BierMuncher's Blue Balls Belgian Wit PM for a quick turnaround spring brew!

I brewed 5 gallons of IPA. About 15-20 of us from the local club had a big party and all brewed. It was a lot of fun, great food, GREAT beer, and a wonderful learning experience getting to see how everyone's techniques differed.

"Eh, Rye Not", brew was smoothest/best brew day to date. Drank several 22oz "samples" from my fresh keg of BM's Black pepper Wit (which is being made again soon) then had a buddy pick me up (no way I was figuring out a door lock let a lone a gas pedal) and off we went for some Disc Golf. Friggin Great Saturday.

10 gal of Oktoberfest yesterday. The gravity was four points off which can be attributed to a failure in my mill hopper and losing about 1 lb of malt to the very dirty basement floor. I really need to clean up the area under my mill. Other than that it went smoothly.

"Eh, Rye Not", brew was smoothest/best brew day to date. Drank several 22oz "samples" from my fresh keg of BM's Black pepper Wit (which is being made again soon) then had a buddy pick me up (no way I was figuring out a door lock let a lone a gas pedal) and off we went for some Disc Golf. Friggin Great Saturday.

I took a few samples of that Wit too. Pretty darn good for being less than 3 weeks old. I had the pressure at 18psi and I am going to turn it down, it is getting close to tasting like soda that high. I have read on here about having Wit at a higher psi but not sure if I am a fan of that.

I'll be mixing up the EdWort's Apfelwein that I wasn't able to do last weekend. Bottling an American Pale Ale which I have high hopes for and brewing a Belgian White.

Hey, it's a whole new weekend out there. Get out and brew!!

Today is another ingredient test batch for me. I've never used honey malt before:

5 gallons:

8 lbs U.S. 2-row
1.5 lbs Vienna
0.5 lbs Honey Malt
0.25 lbs Flaked Barley
39 IBU Centennial hops
S-05

Crush starts after I get done directing little league traffic around the bases.

Yesterday I brewed an Apricot Blond and BM's SWMBO Slayer. Today I am brewing Ó Flannagáin's Se La Saison. I also have plans to brew an Imperial Honey Porter tomorrow but I'm not sure about that one.

Racked my first successful AG to secondary and brewed up an AG IPA!! Boil just finished waiting to cool and pitch.

I brewed 3 times this week already, so I think I'll take the weekend off. I brewed a Czech Pils, APA and a Belgian pale ale.Also, I bottled a Tripel last night.

Brewing an American Amber. This'll be my first experiment with CaraRed, I usually go with Munich for my Amber but I thought I'd try something a little different.

Just put a variant of Jamil's Ordinary Bitter in the FV. Amped up the hops a bit (started with 1 oz. of Perle (8.7%)) and added 0.25 lb of biscuit. Dropped it right on the 1275 yeast cake after I popped a summer ale into secondary.

A successful day already, it's just past one and a beautiful sunny day. Awesome.

Back