Some assorted brew related pics

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottfro

Reaction score
n500325678_996779_5670.jpg

Wild hop harvest

P9140284.JPG

My current setup....upgrading soon

field_hand_hefeweizen.jpg

Field Hand Hefeweizen

IMG_3455.jpg

Field Hand Hefeweizen (Limited Blackberry Edition)

that blackbeery looks tasty, it reminds me of the tri-beery i made a while back. it was black,blue and raspberries in a lighter rye ale.... bomb. it was pink like that and when you poured it into glass the foam was pink. panty dropping goodness.

oh one more thing, i know it may be tempting to eat some of blackberries when you transfer it. dont do it man. words of the wise. it tastes horrible and the texture is worse.

yeah, raspberry ales are panty droppers for sure. I've made the same idea, red and black rasp. Damn tasty!!! :rockin:

funny thing is i kinda goofed on the blackberries. wasn't thinking and used 1lb berries per L rather than my usual 1lb berries per gallon. haha, its gonna be BERRY tastin :)

Did you crush the berries?

It looks so red!

Do you think it will look red in the glass too?

Sampled commercial berry beers in the past and they always had like only a very very slight red tint, nothing like yours! Probably because berries become quite pricey for commercial brews...

i do a blackberry ale every year and i use 1lb per gallon of beer and its always has a nice pink hue to it. i think this one might end up really red seeing as i used so many more berries. i'll be sure to post a pic when it gets into a glass.

Haven't tried the experimental hefe yet but here are some shots of Big Als' Blackberry Brew 2008. It came out really tasty. Better than last years!

Adding the blackberries (6 lb per carboy)
IMG_3462.JPG

In the glass (before carbonation)
IMG_3500.JPG

Back