Where to find Marzens in Chicago?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocketman768

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I live near the Diversey Brown line stop, and I was wondering if any of you know the Chicago area well enough to tell me where to find a REAL Marzen around here. I can find the Sam Adams just fine, but I can't find anything else really in the local grocery store or liquor stores. How about a Spaten, Hacker-Pschorr, Paulaner...?

Hmm, not sure- but I can tell you that the Elephant & Castle on North Wabash has the Spaten on tap right now! :rockin:

Paulaner Octoberfest is a Marzen... I think a good one, too. Just be sure the bottles are not skunked! I bought a case in a cardboard box that is great!

Eric

Spaten is on tap at Small Bar Logan Square right now. And of course, Resi's Bierstube. Doesn't get any more German than this place, year round... I was there a few weeks ago. Plenty of varieties of Oktoberfests on tap.

Resi's Bierstube - Chicago, IL 60618 | Metromix Chicago

For German authenticity and warmth, it's tough to beat Resi's. Since 1973, the tavern has been run by owners Herbert and Ingeborg Stober, originally from Karlsruhe, Germany. Old immigrants and young urbanites alike frequent the restaurant-bar for its sausage-heavy menu and its wide selection of mostly imported beer. There are 15 German brews on tap and another 150 foreign beers in the bottle. Weiss beer lovers have a selection of three taps and 30 bottles all their own. In the summer, Resi's has one of the best, and certainly one of the most well-hidden, beer gardens in the city -- two large maple trees tower over a flower box-trimmed patio.

...as for Stone in Chicago.. they had Ruination on tap at Hopleaf a few weeks ago. Drank some myself. It's still on the tap menu on the site...though hasn't been updated lately. I bet it's gone. Only one way for you to find out.

Hopleaf Bar

...as for Stone in Chicago.. they had Ruination on tap at Hopleaf a few weeks ago. Drank some myself. It's still on the tap menu on the site...though hasn't been updated lately. I bet it's gone. Only one way for you to find out.

Hopleaf Bar
Thank you sir! I will stop in this week :mug:

Back