Cool Bottle Score!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ivan Lendl

Reaction score
Check out this bottle i came across in Target. Its a French 'sparkling' lemonade, 1000 ml for 3.99. Its sweet! Now i just have to figure out what to do with a litre of pink lemonade...hmmm

That's a great size for taking to homebrew club meetings. Clear flip tops are hard to find.

david_42 said:
That's a great size for taking to homebrew club meetings. Clear flip tops are hard to find.

I love clear bottles. Im gonna open it tommorow to see how much pressure its under. Im pretty confident it will hold under beer carbed pressure. Its just as thick as a regular grolsch bottle, and im assuming its alot more carbonated then beer would be. It even has a "warning: content under pressure" label on it...

Bjorn Borg said:
Check out this bottle i came across in Target. Its a French 'sparkling' lemonade, 1000 ml for 3.99. Its sweet! Now i just have to figure out what to do with a litre of pink lemonade...hmmm

Do you have any pets or even a wife? They love that kind of ****.

Nice bottle, you need to maybe buy about three more!

Dude, Target?
:p

Bjorn Borg said:
Check out this bottle i came across in Target.

oh...the one off of Princess anne in V beach.

lol...i was looking for seltzer water, and it was up on the top shelf. Its really cool and has a little chateau/castle looking thing raised design on it, and some french writing and the year 1888. It would be great for a french ale, or belgian even...

My wife LOVES Lorina and I have several of those bottles. They actually make Lemonade, Pink Lemonade, French Lemonade, and Orangeade.

I can attest to the fact that those bottles are far more carbonated than most beer. I've actually had one of the lids shoot off the bottle when you pop the swing top.

I've used a couple of them already and plan on using more since I have an excuse to buy them.
For you Texas residents, I buy them at Central Market.

BTW... the French Lemonade and the Orangeade are the best tasting. :D

Now i just have to figure out what to do with a litre of pink lemonade...hmmm

Here's some ideas...

Mix with vodka... consume

pour into a fermenter, add yeast, ferment, consume

combine with crushed ice and tequilla, consume

Set up a lemonaid stand, sell miniature sized cups of the stuff for .05

pour into yard to attract ants away from the house.

Hey, what's wrong with going to Target???

Bjorn Borg said:

You know you want to ferment it.

I've seen those in MI in a best buy store. they have a bunch of different flavors.
price was close to what you mention I guess

JP

Best Buy sells sparkling lemonade?

Oh yeah..... Which one? ;)

I just found Lorina at the grocery store this weekend. I bought four of the sparkling pear already. My daughter loves it. It's too sugary for my wife, but she likes some when her bloodsugar is low.

I think they're just there for the holidays, so I gotta get as many as I can while they're there. Gonna be great for apfelwein.

Off topic, but saw these and have been meaning to try it.

Grain alcohol
lemon zest (no rein!)

Let the zest age in the grain until it is pale and brittle (few months)
Remove zest
mix remainder with sugar/water to your liking

It supposedly taste like the Italian liquor limoncello (very good- very sweet, little tart)

They also had these at Marshalls (with the specialty oils and stuff) when I was there trying to find martini glasses for a friend's house. I'd be willing to bet that Cost Plus world market has them also, but I haven't looked.

$4 for a bottle seems a little extreme to me though. I could see them for apfelwein. Luckily I don't have to try to justify it to myself, apfelwein's getting kegged!

+1 to the lemonade being very carbonated. Top popped and scared the heck outta SWMBO.

I was at Target today so I thought I would pick one up. Lemonade is pretty good and its a cool bottle. Dunno if I will be picking up more or not at $4.49 each, would rather have Grolsch inside of it even though it's a smaller bottle.

I just visited my parents and they had three of these sitting empty on the counter..

"Can I borrow one of those?" "I saved them and was trying to think of what to do with them, if you want them, you can have them". SCORE!

I plan on giving my dad a bottle of Stout that's already kegged on tap- What's the best way to fill one of these puppies? Thanks!

Back