Leinenkugel's Fireside Nut Brown

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had this at a get-together of local brewers, some of whom are HBT'ers. None of us like this beer! I am usually okay with thier Red, and really like the Creamy Dark and Bigg Butt Doppelbock. But this was easily the worst Leinie's I've ever had. I don't count the Summer Shandy as a beer.

I hated this beer. It's one of the few beers that I've had a hard time finishing (Steel Reserve, Mama Mia Pizza Beer, etc.). I thought it was total crap!

I got a leine's sampler for christmas.

Included 3 of these.

Not sure what I'm going to do with the other two... maybe I'll save them for when I let people try my nut brown, it will make me look better :) .

Very very watery, tastes like they took a standard lager and added a buttload of crystal and nut flavoring. Beeradvocate lists it as a winter warmer, which it definitely is not. It's not a nut brown ale either. I really do think it's just one of their other beers with coloring and flavoring... ugh.

To me it just came off wayyyy to sweet, which was not something I expected or really cared for. I thought there was lot of maple flavor in it, or maybe thats the hazelnut, but either way it was really a chore to finish the sixer my wife bought me. Normally I really like nut browns and until I read these posts, I had no idea Leine's were all lagers. That explains alot about some of the character that is missing in my opinion. I'm not sure how it got such good reviews, I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought otherwise.

I just tried this as my wife picked up a few winter seasonal's for me. I must say that I've tried many beers and this is hands down the most horrific beer I've ever tasted. This was undrinkable. My wife literally spit it out. I've never tried any of their other beers but I am now not in any hurry to do so......

Back