Does anyone make a 5 cu. ft. freezer in black?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmmmm, couldn't find them on Danby's site. I wonder how ****ty just painting a white one black would look?

I wouldn't glue anything to the freezer. You'll burn it out. Newer freezers use the outer skin to dissipate heat.

Sears makes a 7 cu ft model in black. I looked for 5 cu ft too. Couldn't find one.

I wouldn't glue anything to the freezer. You'll burn it out. Newer freezers use the outer skin to dissipate heat.

Sears makes a 7 cu ft model in black. I looked for 5 cu ft too. Couldn't find one.

Yep. Don't clad your freezer.

I painted mine with chalkboard paint. Rolled it on with a 4" roller. If you looked at it closely you would never know I didn't' buy it that way. I did this to a brand new freezer. Sanded it a bit to take the gloss off the white, then primed with spray (Rustoleum), then rolled the black on. Easy.

OK, I finally read that somewhere on the kegerator thread, but thanks. I see a guy on there painted this one (post 1509) with gloss enamel and it looked really good, Maybe not as good up close, but the pics looked really nice. I want black with a mahogany stained collar, just don't think I have room for a freezer larger than 5 cu. ft. though. I'll just keep my eyes on CL and find a cheap one to paint and see how it looks. This is my goal (post 1230) in 5 ft. rather than 7.

207763_10100172595319849_6281953_n.jpg

580459_10100173148446379_1666030916_n.jpg

549941_10100179120378579_198929267_n.jpg

I just used an appliance epoxy paint from home depot http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc...rd=appliance+epoxy&storeId=10051#.URKWZaXQ-S0

It looks great, just sprayed it on. No problem at all (don't try and use it inside tho... whew! that was a bad decision.

People come over and assume it was bought black. Also I just used a big "magnum" sharpie for the weather stripping, looks awesome IMO.

It looks great, just sprayed it on. No problem at all (don't try and use it inside tho... whew! that was a bad decision.

People come over and assume it was bought black. Also I just used a big "magnum" sharpie for the weather stripping, looks awesome IMO.

Awesome job, and thank you, that is exactly what I want. There is just something about black enamel and dark stained wood that I (and you obviously) like. That 1x6 oak on the collar? One of these days.

Awesome job, and thank you, that is exactly what I want. There is just something about black enamel and dark stained wood that I (and you obviously) like. That 1x6 oak on the collar? One of these days.

Thanks! Yeah I think its really classy looking.
Yup its red oak 1x6 with a cabernet stain, 1x8 does have a lot of advantages.
Mostly being able to attach your regulator to collar instead of the top, and more room for a 5th keg on the hump, or just having the 4th one there without dealing with how tight 4 on the floor is. (but I think the extra two inches look weird with proportions and stuff)

Latest posts

Back