Cropped yeast..how many vials??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bnachtig

Reaction score
Hey guys. Cropped this amount of yeast on two occasions from a primary bucket. Its Abbey Ale from WL and its super super thick in this little honey jar. First time drawing yeast off kausen and was curious if anyone had any idea how many vial this approximately is. Don't want to over/under pitch. Thanks!

IMAG0235.jpg

As good a time as ever to start slanting a library.

I slanted 5 slants of the last krausen I cropped . 1332. Worked great.

Ya I'm a total nerd and have all that in the works...stir plates and Erlenmeyer flasks etc.. My friend in a microbio lab is making agar slants based on the same stuff WL uses for theirs. Just need to know how much I have now?? Should I pitch all this? Half?

The jar is probably 250ml or so. I put most of it in the primary and a couple hours its goin. So thinking ml for ml same as vial?

uh.... I think those vials are about 50 ml max so if you wanted to estimate using this figure.

I'd say you should assume that there is some non yeast material in there too, with trub and hop debris so just under the same density as white labs

Back