45 Degrees So I Built a Fire

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pappers_

Moderator Emeritus
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Its 45 degrees and almost June! The house is cold, I'm wearing layers, don't want to turn on the furnace, so I started a fire in the fireplace. I'll just hang out in our family room today, its going to be the only warm room in the house.

I got the vegetable garden in two nights ago but its not going to do much in this weather. Its raining, which is good, but a little warmer would be nice.

I checked on my pale ale fermenting (in my basement brew space) and the ambient temp is 58 so its fine.

I hear ya....i had like 4 layers on in the house last night...it's almost June...i refuse to turn the heat back on...

I hear you. I put in my garden about a week and a half ago. Two days after I put it in we get a frost warning.

Here in NY we went from winter to monsoon season to summer within a month. I opened my pool 2 weeks ago and have been swimming a bunch of times already. It's 85 today. Normally we would be happy to see 60 this time of year.

Back