Kegged Homebrew has changed my life

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lodovico

Reaction score
Ok, that's a little dramatic but this is the first weekend that I've had my own brews on draft downstairs. It's been an amazing weekend.:D

Isn't it wonderful! I resisted for quite a while, then really kicked myself for being such a dumb@$$.

Enjoy! :mug:

geeez....with a keg kit on order reading posts like this make me SOOOO anxious!
good to hear your enjoying it...I will be there soon

I am jealous!!! My christmas list consists of kegging equipment and I can't wait to get started!!

I said the same thing for a long time. If you have the space to bottle, you have the space to keg. I'm kegging sans-keezer right now, and the homebrew is at 55 degrees -- perfect!

Kegs are the only way to go! I brewed Saturday and in between doing the mash, sparges and boiling I kegged 2 different batches from separate fermenters, plus cleaning everything. There's no way I could have sanitized 100 bottles, filled and capped that many bottles in the same time, at least without losing my mind.

Expect a major weight gain :D

My consumption definitely went WAY up when I could pour one and not deal with any bottles!

I have tons of Grolsch bottles in the basement that I'm giving away because I rarely bottle any more. It's so easy just to take a growler somewhere that I haven't bottled in ages.

I really wish I had the space to keg.

You don't really need as much space as you might think. I am in a 320 square foot apartment and I keg. You don't NEED a massive keezer or anything, and kegs take up less space than carboys.

Of course the amount of refrigerated food I can have at any one time has been diminished.

Kegging is amazing and cost me 10 lbs in the first 4 months. I love draught beer and really love the bulk efficiencies of kegging over bottling.

Another thing about kegging...

I usually refill before the glass is empty. And, after the first pull, I rarely fill a glass all the way to the top.

By this logic, I never drink more than one or two beers!

Reading this thread and finding the "easy" frigidaire model on craigslist for $75 today made my decision. I'm getting the barebones for 2 taps for Christmas. At least then I can have 2 kegs on tap. I can easily expand to a second 2-tap kegerator later or a keezer when I'm finally out of an apartment. I finally gave in! Thanks!

Now I just need to scrounge around the house for stuff to sell to buy some extra kegs!

On a side note, anyone want to buy the portable thermostat I bought for a keezer build. Never used since I'm going the mini fridge route.
http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_524747_524747

Remember, the other thing that convinced me is that you don't have to go all-out and buy shanks and taps right now. Picnic tap inside the fridge works fine as a first step.

Another thing about kegging...

I usually refill before the glass is empty. And, after the first pull, I rarely fill a glass all the way to the top.

By this logic, I never drink more than one or two beers!

LMAO! I love this logic! :drunk:

Back