BCS-460 and SSR wiring help!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyberbackpacker

Reaction score
Well, here goes... it officially begins.

For now, I want to start very basically.

Here is what I am starting with: I have a single 110v outlet/receptacle, 12/2 cable, a 25a SSR from Auber Instruments, and the bcs-460. My control box is an old PC tower.

Need some wiring help. I want to run the wire from the bcs, to the ssr, to the receptacle. I will be using the receptacle to plug in my refrigerator ferm chamber.

So... it seems "simple" but want some reassurance. I will take wire from out0 and run it to terminal 3 on the SSR (the + on the control side of the SSR 3-32 vdc). Then I will take wire and run it from ground on the bcs and run it to terminal 4 on the SSR (the - on the control side of the SSR 3-32 vdc). Right so far?

Now, where I am really in need of a little guidance. The 12/2 cable has a black which should be hot/+ correct? The bare cable is the ground/-? Correct? White is "neutral"?

Now where do I go from here? How do I hook up the 12/2 cable from the ssr to the receptacle?

Thanks in advance!

4035528099_797a193c34_o.jpg

Your 110V circuit has a black, white, and green wire. Run the green to the outlet ground lug. Run the white to the outlet silverish terminal, which is the larger slot. Run the black to the SSR 1 terminal, then run the SSR 2 terminal to the outlet brass terminal. Voila.

I think you want the ground in the control outlet to go to the in-wall ground. If you ware just using the computer case as an enclosure, and do not have the ATX power supply pluged in, the case is not earth grounded. I would also have a GFCI in the circuit somewhere just to be safe.

Back